shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you tell me who Carl Blackburn is?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I bought a gorgeous pink sapphire eternity band of off ebay. It arrived today and is in brand new condition, so I wonder if it was every worn, even though the auction was listed as pre-owned. I ring is stamped 18K CB and a logo. Searching online, it appears the ring is a Carl Blackburn and the logo matches the one on his website and Pearlmans. I can't find my exact ring, and I'm not even sure Carl Blackburn makes jewelry anymore. But can anyone tell me anything about this designer?

I apologize for the terrible picture! I snapped it real quick with my iphone.

Thanks! :wavey:

carl_blackburn_english_garden.jpg

english_garden_halo.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought he was one of the reporters who broke the Watergate story.

AGBF
:read:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just found this info searching on PS through Google:

"As of Fall 2005, the Carl Blackburn Collection has been rebranded as the Beverley K. Collection. The jewelry is still handmade to the same expectations by the same highly-qualified artisans, just under a new brand.

Designer jewelry master, Carl Blackburn, has dedicated two decades of his life to the jewelry business. A native Californian,
with a filial reverence for both land and sea, Blackburn has an abiding respect for European traditions; his family roots trace back 600 years to medieval England.

These forces drive Carl Blackburn''s vintage-inspired jewelry designs, which combine echoes of Medieval Europe—- boldly ornate crests and icons—- with delicate hand-crafted floral designs that capture the essence of nature in a manner that''s identifiably vintage, yet somehow timeless.

Says Carl Blackburn, "Creativity and craftsmanship are everything to us. I never stop thinking about the next great design, or the newest way to improve the quality of our pieces even further. Each day that I come to the studio, it''s all about raising the bar and taking it to the next level. For me, that''s the greatest part of the whole experience. Truly, it''s what drives us."

These days, so many jewelry manufacturers use the term "hand-crafted" that the words
have become almost meaningless. But at Carl Blackburn Jewelry, the original definition, made famous by luminaries like Louis Cartier and L.C. Tiffany, remains. According to Carl Blackburn, "The more human labor we can put into each piece, the more satisfied I feel that we have created an item truly worth owning. You can put any one of our pieces under a microscope and instantly see that it''s been made by hand -- and not just by any hand, but by the hand of an artist."

Every Platinum Original by Carl Blackburn Jewelry begins with carefully selected diamond melee and a premium-grade platinum alloy mix. Then Blackburn''s craftsmen go to work, performing each stage of the manufacturing process with the same level of artistry and care. The first stage is hand-filigree, a painstaking method whereby a strand of platinum is pulled to a precise thickness and length, flattened evenly, set into the negative spaces of the gallery of the piece, then finely welded so it appears suspended in space. The result is a delicate lace pattern reminiscent of fine antique embroidery. "

SB621

Ideal_Rock
No idea but I just wanted to chime in and say I love the band stacked with our wedding set!!! The pop of pink is fantastic! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1374190876|3485824 said:

I am really glad you posted the link to Pearlmans, Aoife. I wouldn't have bothered researching Mr. Blackburn's work on my own and it turns out that a few of his designs remind me very much of my favorite jewelry designer, Buccellati. This ring is one example of a Buccellati inspired piece. I absolutely love it! From now on I will keep my eyes open for him.

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

carlblackburn18kyellow.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, nice find! A designer piece in great condition! :appl: Looks perfect with your wedding set (and you hands are beautiful btw!)

ETA: Also, could I trouble you for the name of your nail polish? I like! :cheeky:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03Bride|1374175679|3485702 said:
I bought a gorgeous pink sapphire eternity band of off ebay. It arrived today and is in brand new condition, so I wonder if it was every worn, even though the auction was listed as pre-owned.

Yes, it might be nice if I congratulated you on your major find, Feb03Bride! You really, really, really did well! It is amazing that you got a designer piece in pristine condition in the way you did. Great sleuthing!!! Kudos to you.

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find, it looks gorgeous with your set!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you sure scored a great piece!! It looks so fab with your set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results