shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we have a little chat about my choices please?!

HollyDolly

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking since September, on a very steep learning curve! I have learned SO much from all of you, you will never know, so thank you for that. I have a spreadsheet with a big wish list and I keep seeing 'my' stones pop up on here being recommended for others so I hope I am thinking along the right lines.

We have the following stones on hold with JA, awaiting the gemologists report. I would love some input from you guys on my choices and which one you would go for, if any.

Firstly my favourite (due to the size I think) I never dreamed I could have one this big! I originally started looking for a 0.8 with a carat being the dream weight. Think I have spent too much time on here lol

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1523127.asp

The second, recommended by the lady at JA

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1544105.asp

And the 3rd, chosen from my spreadsheet in a hurry because my other top choice wouldnt have been eyeclean, plus the JA lady was PUSHY! (I might give some feedback on that at some point, she was most unlike anyone else I have spoken to there!)

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1496965.asp

I dont feel under pressure to take any of them, im sort of testing my ability to choose a good stone. I have a couple in mind at BGD that I would be comfortable to just take straight away if none of the above are suitable. These are all bigger than any of my BGD choices for around the same money, am assuming because theres a small premium for not having to do the leg work in selecting any of the blues or signatures as they are fabulous without having to spend days searching through the JA selection!

Any opinons gratefully received, thank you :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 looks hazy, IDK about that one. #1 and 2 look great, but #1 is significantly bigger. :naughty: But it also looks a little hazy.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My preference would be #1. I like the H&A, I like the specs on it and triple X. I am not sure if it is hazy, per se, or more of a less clear photograph, but I'm not as expert at diamonds as Julie N is above, so just sayin' --- not so sure if it is hazy. Def as your JA SA about it - and be CERTAIN it is eye clean to what YOU want it to be eye clean to - 6"? 8"? 10"?

As a second choice - #2.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others that #1 and #2 would be my choices, I personally like the proportions of #2 because I like to see colored flashes. I've found that choosing the perfect diamond is as personal as choosing a car, clothing, a vacation destination, what you like and works for you will be different from the person next to you. What is most important is that YOU love the stone that you choose and that it makes you smile each and every time that you look at it.

HollyDolly

Rough_Rock
Haziness is my worry about #1 too. I think I have maybe been choosing my inclusions in the wrong way, going for clouds when I maybe should have been looking for crystals that could be hidden. Will see what the gemologist says anyway. Im ok with being defeated at not being able to get that sort of size within budget. I'll be very happy with a BGD if this one doesnt come off!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results