shape
carat
color
clarity

Can this ring be resized?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

12centuries

Rough_Rock
This ring (picture attached to post) is a size 4.5 in 14k white gold. Do you think that it could be resized up to a 6 or 6.25 given the stones up the sides?

Thanks for any help.

Peter

ring6949593.jpg

12centuries

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I would love to take it to a repair jeweler, but I only have the photograph to go from.

I know this is a loaded question, but what would you guess that service might cost?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always been a pawn shopper and have had many rings sized in the past. The best price in my area is $30 for the first two sizes for gold and $30 per size after that. Most other places charge between $25 and $30 per whole size rounded up to a whole size. My other little tidbit is do not let them talk you into paying for rhodium plating. They have to do this anyway after sizing the ring.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Around here (Denver) a size up 2 sizes on a ring like that costs about $40-$50 at the midrange stores but it varies quite a bit depending on where you go and the condition of the shank (that’s the bottom part of the ring next to your palm)and the channels holding in the stones. Not all craftsmen charge the same rates but all that I know are happy to give free estimates.

I disagree about the rhodium. The most definitely do NOT have to do it as part of the job, and the cheapest craftsmen don’t. Overall I like the look of rhodium but not everyone does. Around here it’s about $15 if it's done in conjunction with another job, more if it's the whole task. Sometimes it’s included in the sizing charge and sometimes it’s not.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results