shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone Photoshop a 6.8mm stone onto my current ring?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
If anyone is good at Photoshop, I'd greatly appreciate it. The current center stone is 5.8mm, for comparison. Thanks!

_11422.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Can someone Photoshop a 6.8mm stone onto my current ring

I can do this but not till I'm home. But I didn't forgot about you. ;-) :lol:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock

I hope you don't mind Niel, but I gave it a go.
Seems the quality of the picture downgraded a bit in the process, making it a little blurry... hope it helps nonetheless.

6.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't help with photoshopping but here are the pics side by side!
1_173.jpg2_16.png

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, ladies!

What do you think? Not too big of a difference visually, eh?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Logan Sapphire|1383157832|3547642 said:
Thanks, ladies!

Sadly I agree.

Would you maybe like just a whole other ring? Leave this as is, and get a different shape in a plain shank halo. Mix them up day to day.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks, ladies!

It is a huge difference!

I went from a 6mm diamond to a 6.8mm in one of my upgrades. In photos I was always like "oh its not much" but in person its huge.

I like the bigger center stone! I have to warn you it will be MEGA watt bling! I had a 7mm center with 5.8mm sides, so larger than your sides, and it was over the top for me. But I think with your.. what? 4.5mm sides?... it won't be too much. But the overall ring will be mega watt.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1383158252|3547646 said:
Thanks, ladies!

Sadly I agree.

Would you maybe like just a whole other ring? Leave this as is, and get a different shape in a plain shank halo. Mix them up day to day.

I don't know- I'm terribly confused :-o I have some strict parameters though, which is that since we bought the stone at a local B&M store, we are limited to working with him. He credits you what you paid for it and then you just pay the difference on whatever new stone you want. Even though diamond prices have risen a lot since we bought it in 2003, we wouldn't be able to sell the stone ourselves and break even.

My husband and I haven't talked budget in too much detail, but I would think the most I could pay out of pocket would be $4k-$4500.

I could get a new wedding ring or maybe a 5 stone ring, though not sure if that would be too similar to my ering.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Logan Sapphire|1383158882|3547652 said:
Niel|1383158252|3547646 said:
Thanks, ladies!

Sadly I agree.

I don't know- I'm terribly confused :-o I have some strict parameters though, which is that since we bought the stone at a local B&M store, we are limited to working with him. He credits you what you paid for it and then you just pay the difference on whatever new stone you want. Even though diamond prices have risen a lot since we bought it in 2003, we wouldn't be able to sell the stone ourselves and break even.

My husband and I haven't talked budget in too much detail, but I would think the most I could pay out of pocket would be $4k-$4500.

I could get a new wedding ring or maybe a 5 stone ring, though not sure if that would be too similar to my ering.

With a little bit of searching you could probably get 4-5 k plain shank halo with an oval or pear or other fancy. Then you wouldn't have to give up in your three stone, as I know you liked halos too.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

LS-what mm are your sides again?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1 mm difference is definitely noticeable in person, even when the stones are not side by side. I've done upgrades with a 1 mm increase and it feels huge.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock

I think that it will indeed make a noticeable difference... but not enough to justify paying 4K...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I see a difference but I don't think it's a huge one.

Your current ring really is just perfection I think. Maybe a blingy 5 stone to wear with it? With your tiny fingers, 5 x 0.20s or 5 x 0.25s would be awesome.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

Laila619|1383167024|3547742 said:
I see a difference but I don't think it's a huge one.

Your current ring really is just perfection I think. Maybe a blingy 5 stone to wear with it? With your tiny fingers, 5 x 0.20s or 5 x 0.25s would be awesome.

Agree-$4,000 probably better spent on other bling. It's a beautiful ring, and $4,000 to tweak doesn't seem worth it (to me at least).

Hera

Ideal_Rock

How about another option: If you need to do a reset, how about you put all of the money into an upgrade of the size of the diamond? Then you could sell the side stones to pay for a simple solitaire setting until you can reset. Or keep the side stones and pay a few hundred out of your budget to set it into a solitaire.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

So I was able to compare what a 1.25 (which is close to 6.8mm, right?) looks like next to my .78ct. Definitely a difference when you see the sizes in real life, though whether that's worth $3500...??

1380029_10201720370664331_2123438584_n.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Hera|1383187944|3547922 said:
How about another option: If you need to do a reset, how about you put all of the money into an upgrade of the size of the diamond? Then you could sell the side stones to pay for a simple solitaire setting until you can reset. Or keep the side stones and pay a few hundred out of your budget to set it into a solitaire.

Actually, I do have two solitaire settings that I could put the upgrade in. Hadn't thought of that! Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm guessing you might need a new setting if you upgrade the center stone in your 3 stone ring since there is less wiggle room for a 1 mm size increase.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1383223303|3548064 said:
Will you need a new setting if you go the 3 stone route with the larger stone?

Just new heads- already talked to my jeweler and they can preserve shank but just make bigger heads. He didn't think it was a problem at all.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's good; more money towards the diamond. :devil:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Any chance you could preserve the original setting with choosing a reasonably priced colored stone and keep the new larger stone in a solitaire? Would you be able to appreciate the larger diamond once it is meshed with the two side stones?

You'd rock that solitaire beautifully since it is large and then wear the three stone ring as an alternative. You have beautiful hands for both settings. Moreover, you mentioned you have two solitaire settings so you would not be out any extra $$, just for the colored stone, and that could be done at a later date. And I think us CS'ers could help you on that score :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal|1383228577|3548102 said:
HI:

Any chance you could preserve the original setting with choosing a reasonably priced colored stone and keep the new larger stone in a solitaire? Would you be able to appreciate the larger diamond once it is meshed with the two side stones?

You'd rock that solitaire beautifully since it is large and then wear the three stone ring as an alternative. You have beautiful hands for both settings. Moreover, you mentioned you have two solitaire settings so you would not be out any extra $$, just for the colored stone, and that could be done at a later date. And I think us CS'ers could help you on that score :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

I'd definitely be interested in a colored stone! Will head over to CS for some ideas.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Logan Sapphire|1383230212|3548119 said:
canuk-gal|1383228577|3548102 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I'd definitely be interested in a colored stone! Will head over to CS for some ideas.

I like this idea!

And yes, from my experience, that size in crease it completely worth the money.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I agree with Dreamer - that will be a big BIG increase in size. Definitely worth the money in my opinion! And if you put a colored stone in your original setting then you have more flexibility on the color of the new stone since you aren't matching it to your existing sides.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

a 1.25 looks significantly bigger! I think $3500 will be well invested and noticeable in the size jump and I agree that I would leave it as a solitaire. A few years ago, I paid $3300 to jump up from a .87 to a 1.43 and believe me, people noticed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results