shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone explain diamond "transparency"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I was told that one should always judge a diamond''s transparency but they never expalined what that is. Does this have to do with clarity or fluorescence or what? Does it even matter and how do you judge a diamond for this quality if it does matter?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm good question. the only thing i can think off of the top of my head is maybe to see if something like extreme inclusions or high fluorescence are giving the stone any sort of 'cloudy' or 'oily' look inside rather than having it be that sparkly clear look.
confused.gif
maybe an expert can chime in.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. I didn't have an answer for this when it was first posted, but I was just looking at that GIA article on fluorescence in diamonds (LINK), and one of the things they were looking at was transparency. So my guess is that it refers to crsip clearness as opposed to the haziness seen in overblue diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results