shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone tell me if this is a good cushion to buy?

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am looking at a cushion on Jamesallen.com. The magnified photos and video look great. However, I am a little overwhelmed by all of the info available. It is SKU# 1081095

GIA cert on a 3.11 Cushion Brilliant,Color H, VS1, excellent polish, very good symmetry. no fluorescence, L/W 1.26, depth 62.8%, table 62%.
Some concerns for me are that it has a thick-extremely thick girdle and the GIA report mentions "surface graining not shown"

Any feedback would be appreciated

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't judge cushions by numbers/specs alone. You'd need to ask for an ASET. I couldn't pull up the diamond with that SKU # -- can you post a link?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that worked - thanks. It certainly has a lovely shape, but the facets aren't crisp in certain areas, and there looks to be "mush" (no sparkle) on the table. Ask JA for an ASET.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After looking some more, it seems the mushiness is in a distinct "X" on the table. Hmmm... Maybe someone else will chime in. I really love the shape though!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your feedback. By mushiness do you mean like a crushed ice appearance?
So your verdict is to recommend against?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Octo2005 said:
Thank you for your feedback. By mushiness do you mean like a crushed ice appearance?
So your verdict is to recommend against?

By mush, I mean dead areas with no light return or sparkle. I don't feel comfortable recommending against it. I feel like you need more information (ASET).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. No. No. Please don't post 3 posts on the same issue. We'll answer you when we can. If you want attention, bump your own thread to the top.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results