shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone recommend a plain 2mm platinum e-ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a very hard time finding something like this online, and while I''m waiting for WF to let me know whether they can custom make one, I''d really like to have some back-up settings. I''d specifically like a setting where the diamond sits low. Thanks so much!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about the ones that were recommended in that other thread from the other day? Did you just want to continue with that thread or start a whole new one?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
most of my ideas are in your other thread, you might be better off going to a couple of jewelers and see if they stock something with your requirements. sometimes seeing things in person helps gain perspective. I love the look of pave but when i went and saw some settings in person I really liked a plain plat. solitaire best on me.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara,

As far as I know, none of the ones recommended to me in that post was under 2.3mm. I looked at the Stuller site, and the width of the rings didn''t seem to be listed unfortunately. The basket setting was somewhat interesting to me, but I haven''t been able to find just the setting sold seperately (I''m assuming Cartier won''t sell the setting without the diamond). If you have any other suggestions please let me know! I''m sure people are sick of hearing my repetitive quandaries by now.
20.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo- Going to a bunch of jewelers is what convinced that I really want an ultra-thin band, and I''ve heard that 2mm is the thinest one can go. I''d be equally happy with a shared-prong or plain style, but now I''ve been leaning slightly more toward the latter because I''d rather not have to worry about the diamonds rubbing together, etc. Unfortunately it seems like most B&M jewelers won''t sell a setting only, and I''m pretty certain that I want a Whiteflash diamond.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I think that most of what is out there in terms of pretty 4 or 6 prong solitaires has been posted in one of your other threads, 2mm is hard to find in terms of e-ring settings..not just plain bands.

I think your best bet may be to go custom if you find something that you like at a vendor...my motto is typically either find it or make it.

One last comment...have you seen and tried on a 2mm band in person? It''s VERY VERY thin. My toe rings are 2mm and I also recently got a 2mm white gold spacer band for a thumb ring on eBay and it''s super thin. So 2.3 is not that much thicker. I know you want to stick with something super thin but I wouldn''t toss out 2.3 or similar until you can see it in person and try it on.
2.gif

I was surfing around last nite looking at solitaires and most were up to 2.5mm.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of my original wedding set. the e-ring band was about 2mm, no knife edge. the wedding band was the same width and had a notch to fit around the prong so it would sit flush. It was a setting my jeweler carried. I can find out where they ordered from if it''s more in line with what you want.

oldset2000.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 6:11:26 PM
Author: peonygirl
mrssalvo- Going to a bunch of jewelers is what convinced that I really want an ultra-thin band, and I''ve heard that 2mm is the thinest one can go. I''d be equally happy with a shared-prong or plain style, but now I''ve been leaning slightly more toward the latter because I''d rather not have to worry about the diamonds rubbing together, etc. Unfortunately it seems like most B&M jewelers won''t sell a setting only, and I''m pretty certain that I want a Whiteflash diamond.
I live in the Chicago area and every jeweler I went to was willng to set a stone I did not buy from them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs.s...i think that pg wants a 4 prong.

pg did you check out kristy darling''s ring? she had james allen custom make it i think, so if you like the 4 prong style of the head, maybe they can do it in a thinner width? i''d check around...!!

oh and one more thought occurred to me. did you check out kayla''s ritanis? if you want the small melee in a protected setting on a thin band, you can''t look much further than those. her e-ring is 1.5mm and the side rings are 1.7mm each and she has a 2c on the center ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara- that's right, i forget that. I'm sure they make them with 4 prongs.

the ritani idea is a great one for a thin band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that one from James Allen look exactly like my old set but with 4 prongs...

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I do like the Ritani settings, but unfortuantely I think they''re a little too pricey, especially if I get the matching wedding ring. Hopefully WF will have some good news for me soon!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What sort of settings are you asking them about?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I asked to see if they can custom make their Tiffany knockoff setting in a 2mm version.

Matadora, what''s the scoop with SP and the rubbing diamond girdles problem? Do you know if they''ve resolved it yet?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
They have not responded to my last email asking if they had come out with their new sets yet...But to be honest I dont think they have. I was soo excited the other day when I saw the flashing red *new*. As soon as I get their email I will post the reply!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN, do you know whether SP sells the setting on its own though?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I would imagine they would. They''re very accommodating. Give them a call and see what they say. It appears to satisfy all your criteria, no?

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I really do like the SP setting. I guess I need to visit Tiffany to figure out whether I like their settings, and that should finally make things clear!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted SP and unfortunately they don''t sell just their plain platinum settings. Just thought I''d let people know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results