shape
carat
color
clarity

can a plain wedding band be altered?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I have been in search of a wedding band to fit with my ering but because the ering band is slightly twisted nothing fits flush against it and I am one of those crazy people who need the rings to be flush!

Can I buy a regular wedding band and have a jeweler "twist" it to match the same twist my ering has? I know I can always have one custom made but I want something very simple and plain and I thought if I could just buy a plain band and have a jeweler alter it, it would be better.

Any suggestions? Has anyone ever done anything similar? I know from the pic of my ering below you can't really tell it has much of a twist (and I dont have any profile shots yet- sorry!!) but the band changes to more of a 75 degree angle.

Thanks for the help!!

shigidigiring2.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I dont have the answer to your question, but I did want to chime in and say what a gorgeous ring! Is that a matte finish? tension set? My original ER is tension set in white gold that I got done in a matte finish!!
2.gif

DBM

Shiny_Rock
even with the "twist" i don''t think it can sit completely flush-- the beginning of the second half of the band doesn'' pick up from where the first half ends. i think you''ll always have atleast some space in between.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Cathers! I really wanted a tension set but because I am a bit of a clutz I went with a basket underneath, you can set a bit of it on the right in the huge picture.

I loved the matte aspect of it because I thought it made my diamond (and I by the way!) look more sparkly by comparison!

Brian Knox made the ring to my fiance''s specifications and I am so proud of them both
30.gif
!

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
would you mind to post a side shot? my ring was originally the polished finish, but I wanted to try the matte finish, and WOW, it really stands out now, well, as much as it can, it is just a wee stone .27. I was shocked at how my the appearance changed once I changed the finish. Mine also has a suprise diamond on either side. Your fiance did very well, it is truly gorgeous. Good luck with finding a band and please keep us updated on what you find ok?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could probably have Brian make a band that would fit flush and have the twist in it. that would be the easist thing to do IMO..

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Cathers I will take a photo of the side (which is actually polished) when I get home and upload it later for you.

MrsSalvo- you''re right I could, I just wanted to try to find a local option (out here in SF)

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I agree that you''ll probably want to go for a custom ring. For ideas you might want to cruise the Niwaka website, they have a fair number of e-rings and matching w-bands with a twist.
5.gif
Your ring looks a lot like them. (Even though I love my wedding set, part of me still lusts after those rings so I''m pretty envious of yours
2.gif
)

Good luck!
35.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a great idea Indie! I LOVE Niwaka''s styles of rings and at least it will be a good place to get some inspirations.

That plus I have some small diamonds from my great grandmothers wedding band (the band is so old and damaged it cant be worn safely without the diamonds falling out) that I''d like to have placed into a wedding band for myself so she can in esscence be "with" me.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I really like that idea of incorporating your Grandma''s diamonds in your wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results