shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Yssie, Dreamer_D - Please advise

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Yssie, Dreamer,

I understand that you both prefer diamonds with dimensions slightly different from the recommended. How does the following numbers look? I saw the depth and didn't even bother putting the numbers into HCA but wish instead to know your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Table: 57.5%
Depth: 63.7%
Crown angle: 36 deg
Pavilion angle: 41.3 deg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'm not Yssie or Dreamer, but I ran it on the HCA for you. It came back 5.5 and it's a steed/deep. Light return and fire will suffer with this one.

They'll be able to tell you a lot more when they get here. :wavey:

Shiny_Rock
Not ysie or dreamer either, but just based on the pa and crown angles it is an AGS 4/5 which is vg/g (ie after ideal and ex) thats all I can add :) No doubt yssie and dreamer will get back to you soon :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a modern RB? If so nope, There's IMO no reasonable chance it won't be overly leaky IRL even w/ overly long lgf. If it's an older style that's a whole different question.

Who issued the report? It's not GIA - if AGSL is it the "performance based diamond quality report"? If so what's the listed cut grade?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously not Yssie or Dreamer, but it'll be a leaky diamond. I'm all for different 'flavors' of diamonds, but I'd personally pass on this one.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
...not Yssie or Dreamer either, but I really like a nice tall crown too, but coupled with a shallower PA. The combination usually results in lots of fire. I recently strayed outside of GIA EX, with both Dreamer and Yssies guidance because I was looking for a FIC stone and they were both very helpful. I really like this CA in your example when coupled with a 40.5, 40.6 PA. and a lgf between 75/80 The stone you posted though is also deeper than I would look for..

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1342167461|3233171 said:
I'm not Yssie or Dreamer, but I ran it on the HCA for you. It came back 5.5 and it's a steed/deep. Light return and fire will suffer with this one.

They'll be able to tell you a lot more when they get here. :wavey:

Christina... said:
...not Yssie or Dreamer either, but I really like a nice tall crown too, but coupled with a shallower PA. The combination usually results in lots of fire. I recently strayed outside of GIA EX, with both Dreamer and Yssies guidance because I was looking for a FIC stone and they were both very helpful. I really like this CA in your example when coupled with a 40.5, 40.6 PA. and a lgf between 75/80 The stone you posted though is also deeper than I would look for..

Laila619 said:
Obviously not Yssie or Dreamer, but it'll be a leaky diamond. I'm all for different 'flavors' of diamonds, but I'd personally pass on this one.

Yssie said:
Is it a modern RB? If so nope, There's IMO no reasonable chance it won't be overly leaky IRL even w/ overly long lgf. If it's an older style that's a whole different question.

Who issued the report? It's not GIA - if AGSL is it the "performance based diamond quality report"? If so what's the listed cut grade?

2023 said:
Not ysie or dreamer either, but just based on the pa and crown angles it is an AGS 4/5 which is vg/g (ie after ideal and ex) thats all I can add :) No doubt yssie and dreamer will get back to you soon :)

Alas, ladies, I thought I found a super fiery one with the deep crown and depth. Instead I found a leaky :( A little knowldge is a dangerous thing indeed. Thank you, ladies, for your help. My search continues...

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
Is it a possibility for this diamond to be firery and with better light return if it has its lower facets (pavillion) recut? Just out of curiosity? Not that I am advicing to buy a diamond that needs recutting from the outset.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep your depth at 62.3% or less or you may lose diameter with more weight in the bottom!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1342281843|3233832 said:
Keep your depth at 62.3% or less or you may lose diameter with more weight in the bottom!

Thanks for for advice. I'll add that to my criteria list. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results