shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Tourmaline Lover! LOGR/legacy question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hey TL!

I just read in another post, you have several of the LOGR ''legacy'' style settings and I have a question about the size and shape of stone it can hold.

The setting calls for a cushion cut stone, but would a round or an OMC shaped stone, around a 6.5 mm work too?

What shape stones have you used? And what sizes?

I know they can remake it to fit any stone, but I don''t want to pay extra for custom charges, I''d rather upgrade the diamonds instead.

Thanks in advance!
35.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
giving you a bump ara ann - you may have to try her in Colored Stone Forum as she frequently posts there

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DT!

I guess anyone can answer if they may have some input...

I am looking at a cushion cut or OMC 7mm stone for the LOGR legacy style semi mount. Not sure if I want the cushion cut, as it is a deep stone and I don''t know if I''ll like the height on the top of the ring.

But, will an OMC shape work with this setting? It''s not a perfect ''round'' shape, so would it work with the cushion shape setting?

I''m thinking of ordering the legacy style, 7mm, prong setting in rose gold.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 9:09:32 PM
Author: Ara Ann
Thanks DT!

I am looking at a cushion cut or OMC 7mm stone for the LOGR legacy style semi mount. Not sure if I want the cushion cut, as it is a deep stone and I don''t know if I''ll like the height on the top of the ring.

But, will an OMC shape work with this setting? It''s not a perfect ''round'' shape, so would it work with the cushion shape setting?

Hey Ara Ann, if you repost your question on the Colored Forum, you may have more luck as many of those folks have the legacy rings for their colored stones, unfortunately I have not bought this particular ring, maybe others will see this thread too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 10:27:25 AM
Author:Ara Ann
Hey TL!

I just read in another post, you have several of the LOGR ''legacy'' style settings and I have a question about the size and shape of stone it can hold.

The setting calls for a cushion cut stone, but would a round or an OMC shaped stone, around a 6.5 mm work too?

What shape stones have you used? And what sizes?

I know they can remake it to fit any stone, but I don''t want to pay extra for custom charges, I''d rather upgrade the diamonds instead.

Thanks in advance!
35.gif
Yes, a round would look fine in there. Here''s a picture of a round diamond in it (not set, but you get the idea). This is a 7.25 mm round, and it fits perfect in the 7x7. I think a 6.5mm would be too small.

TLroundinlegacy.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a rectangular asscher spessartite in the 8x8mm legacy, and I think it looks fine, but some people might disagree. I love it in there.

TLredorangespessasschersun.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 9:09:32 PM
Author: Ara Ann
Thanks DT!

Lots of people have the legacy from LOGR, including LaurenThePartier, who has way more than I do!!
2.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank TL!

I really wanted a rounded stone for the setting, so your picture helps a lot! Looks nice IMO too. ...I have a 'costume' ring, an Art Deco replica, with a square halo and round stone.

Would a 7mm OEC work? Is there that much of a difference between the 7mm and 7.25? I don't mind a small airline, I just don't want the center stone to be too big.

And what do you think of LOGR's rose gold? Is it a pretty color? Not too brassy?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results