shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Jewelers Mutual - Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I was speaking with our appraiser yesterday and was told an interesting tidbit of information. I would like to hear it from the horse''s mouth. I was advised that if one is insured through JM, if there is a loss, the consumer is pionted toward & approved only for vendors that insure through Jewelers Mutual.

For instance, in the unfortunate event of a loss (dear lord, I hope not) I could only use Whiteflash if they are insured through Jewelers Mutual, even though that is where my center diamond and ring are from.

Can you please advise? I would really like to get clarification on this. Thanks in advance!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi nooners,
have you pm''d ClaimsJeff? He could probably answer your question

Jeff A. Mills, SCLA
Vice President Claims
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co.

claimsjeff

Rough_Rock
Hi Nooners.... We allow you to choose whatever jeweler you would like to go to for replacement. Usually our adjusters will ask if you will be going back to where you purchased it originally.(Obviously this is the easiest for everyone) However, often people either move, the jeweler is not there, your relationship has changed with them, etc....and we will work with whoever you choose for the replacement. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks
Jeff Mills
Vice President Claims
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Co.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Jeff, thanks for the clarification. I can appreciate why an insurance company will do that. That being said, I''d prefer to have the latitude to work with my vendor of choice. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results