shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Hest or other OMC lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hest,

Can you please take a look at this auction for me and let me know what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2658265766

The price looks decent but I have no knowledge whether this would be a decent buy or not.

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all is about risking 75$, I just would. I do not know the seller and I see that he does not really do alot of Ebay business and cannot be readily tracked down to a brick-and-mortar business anywhere. But at this price... I guess you could risk. The piece itself is hard to judge in the respective not-so-professional picture.

There is another guy who has lots of OMC and OEC on Ebay, and this one is at least a professional (David J Thomas, is his Ebay alias). I have been tracking his auctions for a long time, but never bought from him. I know he has more sales, but prices are rather average... this is just my'peny worth of a thought...' of course.
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks nice for $75. I guess that at that price, you cannot make a big mistake.
1.gif

Dave Thomas is a GREAT and professional seller ans he oftem has some great bargains!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/20/2003 2:43:47 PM Giangi wrote:

1.gif

Dave Thomas is a GREAT and professional seller ans he oftem has some great bargains!----------------

My thoughts exactly about the price Valeria and Giangi.
1.gif
Didn't seem like a huge amount to risk, and I just *might* wind up with a pretty nice stone! OK, I think I'll bid. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the replies.
1.gif

Kmom

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ok! Ley us know if you're the winner!
1.gif
wavey.gif

sirene

Rough_Rock
Oooh, I looked at that stone too, Kmom. I would love to own a nice little OMC
lickout.gif
. I hope you win the auction!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sorry; I didn't see this until this morning, but I would have said the same thing---for that price it doesn't really matter all that much if you don't mind a very yellow stone.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I missed out on my chance to bid on it.
8.gif
I went to an anniversary party last night and forgot all about bidding when I came home since DH was on the computer...bid closed with the winning bid (the only bid) at $75.00. Oh well.....maybe next time.
1.gif

Thanks for your replies anyway.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Darn! You missed it! I found the auction and when I saw the bid I assumed that was you... Oh well, you'll find a nicer one soon!
1.gif
wavey.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/20/2003 8:51:11 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

----------------
On 9/20/2003 2:43:47 PM Giangi wrote:

1.gif

Dave Thomas is a GREAT and professional seller ans he oftem has some great bargains!----------------

Could you post a link to Dave Thomas's site on Ebay - I can't find him. Thanks

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Dave Thomas
NOTE: there's a controversial topic on DT about this seller... He is supposed to enhace his images... When I saw them for the first time, I simply assumes they were taken using a scanner. I don't think he would enhace them so much.
1.gif
Have fun!
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results