shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy or Mara...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Many moons ago, you two ladies went to Joe Escobar jewelry and I think you saw a baguette halo on a centre asscher ring. I can''t remember for the life of me why you didn''t like it. Could you refresh my ailing memory?
33.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not Gypsy or Mara but I wanted a baguette halo for my asscher sapphire and it was EXTREMELY expensive to have made because it was very difficult to match and cut all the baguettes.

But I don''t know if that was their reasoning or not!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks neatfreak! At one point both Gypsy and I were looking for a baguette halo diamond asscher ring, but as I recall, Gypsy actually saw one (Was it at Joe Escobar''s store?), but really didn''t like the look of it, but WHY was that?? I can''t remember...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Honey, It looks weird, and considering the proportions of my diamond to the halo, mine would have too. It just looked like someone wanted a bigger asscher and couldn't afford one. Like those rings at Kay you see that have 4 invisible set princes in a square as a 'center stone' so that it looks like a carat, but really it's just melee. This had the same look.

I think you need a very fine thin halo done this way (and BTW Leon is going them now, and afforably, he has one on his site I think??) and personally I've just learned that I prefer them with a colored center.

This is the one we saw. It had a center asscher, a baguette halo and then a pave halo.

je%20visit%201006%20f.jpg

je%20visit%201006%20i.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Girlfriend.
35.gif
I knew that either you or Mara would remember and tell me the unvarnished truth. That bad, huh?
23.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll put it to you this way. If you give me a colored octagon (square or rectangular) of over a certain size (8 x 8 or 8 by 10) this is my FIRST choice in settings (especially if the octagon is step cut). But in a white step cut center stone... didn't do much for me. My pave halo looks like a frame, because there is contrast. While the baguette halo looks like you are trying to make a bigger diamond with a white step cut. I do think it might look great with a white non-step cut center. Because it would be like the opposite of my ring. Brilliant cut on the inside, step cut on the outside. Alternately if you did all colored stone baguettes for the halo of a white step cut octagon, would look cool. But there has to be some contrast there to avoid the 'Kay's 1 ctw ring for 100 Bucks Special" look.

BTW... NF is right IT IS VERY PRICEY to do. But less so now. When I first qouted out for it I was getting qoutes in the 4 or 5 K region. Then it dropped to the 3's. Now it's about mid to high 2's. Which is not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results