shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy, help needed selecting an EC!

Canadian_Rocks

Rough_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you're not getting too many responses I apologize. ECs are hard so not that many people feel comfortable giving opinions.

I do like the e vs2 from b2c jewels as well.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Canadian,
You've been as busy as a beaver. (couldnt resist!) :lol: I'm no where even close to giving anyone advice on how to buy an EC but I commend your efforts. Usually this place is bustling with activity & its been a bit slow. In that regard, I wish I could offer some sound advice. What I can tell you is that the vendors south of the border & the PS vendors have better options than the vendors here in Canada. I'm in Toronto & whenever I've gone looking for diamonds here, you get the song & dance where no one wants to take the time to answer your questions. Try asking for an ASET here & they'll look at you like you have 3 heads. While I dont completely rely on an ASET, its 1 more piece of the puzzle that can help you, besides your eyes. LOL I did find a vendor up in Barrie a few weeks ago, Adam Le Boeuf who works at the family business...Bill Le Boeuf. Its not a slick store & I have no idea what he has in stock or not, but he might be worth a look. He also sells quite a bit of estate pieces in case you need a gift in future. ;-) He spent quite a bit of time with me which I wholeheartedly appreciated. While he cant offer the same pricing as those in the US, he'll try to come as close as he can. He can access from the same list those can in the US. Adam also carries a lot of GIA stones & does not push the Gem Scan or other Canadian lab certed ones most of the jewelry district does.

Is this for a ring or pendent? Maybe I can help you with that.

Judy

thbmok

Brilliant_Rock
I think the G VS2 you reserved at B2C is still likely the best choice. It's definitely one I would want to view in person. The E VS2 is likely to display leaky steps based on the images. I suspect the JA options will display leaky steps as well based on the videos. Can't comment on the options from Enhcanted or Ritani as I have no clue how their photo setups correlate with actual in person viewing.

ECs with great cuts are definitely hard to find. In addition to viewing dozens of ECs at local stores I purchased several ECs from JA, GOG, and B2C to view in person before finding the right one.

Canadian_Rocks

Rough_Rock
thbmok|1426179321|3846114 said:
I think the G VS2 you reserved at B2C is still likely the best choice. It's definitely one I would want to view in person. The E VS2 is likely to display leaky steps based on the images. I suspect the JA options will display leaky steps as well based on the videos. Can't comment on the options from Enhcanted or Ritani as I have no clue how their photo setups correlate with actual in person viewing.

ECs with great cuts are definitely hard to find. In addition to viewing dozens of ECs at local stores I purchased several ECs from JA, GOG, and B2C to view in person before finding the right one.

I don't really have this option as we're in Canada, so shipping stones back and forth is not feasible. That's why I'm trying to be so diligent in my search. Plus I know nothing about how to judge an EC. :shock:

thbmok

Brilliant_Rock
In that case perhaps consider asking GOG to bring in some ECs and shoot a comparison video for you? It's about as close as you can get to comparing ECs in person in my experience. See if they can grab a hold of the B2C G VS2 GIA 2161890796 as I think that one shows a lot of promise based on the images. It'll cost more than buying it from B2C, but it'll give you a better idea of whether it's truly a good EC and save you from shipping stones back and forth.

Canadian_Rocks

Rough_Rock
I spoke to a Ritani gemologist this afternoon and she said the following:

The 1.19ct diamond was dead in the center so she recommended passing.
The 1.08ct was her favourite, stating that it had a lot of brilliance. The 1.09ct was a close second.

That being said though, I still think I like the B2C choice better.

Once I have the ASET's from James Allen I should be good to make a final call.

Canadian_Rocks

Rough_Rock
So I've been doing some more research on my own - or trying. :twirl:

I've ruled out some of the stones I posted earlier and now I'm down to a handful.

I still might end up calling Jon at Good Old Gold though to see if he can help. I also saw another Canadian post something about USA Certed Diamonds.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Financial report is pretty grim for our dollar. It is predicted to slide even further. :nono: I would go faster rather than slower picking out a stone. Plus, I think there was a price increase over the weekend. I dont think the higher price is completely because of our dollar. :(sad

Canadian_Rocks

Rough_Rock
Just waiting on the ASET's from James Allen and then I'll be able to make a final call.

If I'm not happy with anything I see then I'll talk with Jon at Good Old Gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results