shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Experts-Advice on 2ct RB Stone & Suggestions!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
Since many of the PS vendors currently do not have any signature/expert selection 2 carat stones left under $15k I am turning to the virtual stones. I passed up a great deal on WF site for an ES 2ct. JSi1 for 14k and want to kick myself :nono:

Moving forward, I would like you advice on this stone as well as others if you can suggest (preferable 8.2mm and over in size, budget 15k or less).

2.0ct J-SI1
8.16x8.19x4.93mm
Cut: Ex
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: VG
Table: 59%
Depth: 60.3%
Crown angle: 33.0
Pav Angle: 41.0
Girdle: Medium faceted 3.5%
HCA Score: EX, EX, EX, EX 1.1 within TIC range

Questions:
1. Inclusions: All are on the table only (this worries me a bit) but it is confirmed to be Eye-Clean: crystal, cloud, feather, needle
2. Crown angle is 33.0 - is this an issue? How would this diamond look?
3. table: 59% any issues? (I dont mind a larger table as long as it looks and performs very well!)

Your advice is greatly appreciated in my search!

DiamondSeeker: thank you for your guidelines for an ideal stone, Im trying to search within those parameters!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a promising 60/60 type stone. Worth further evaluation, which means photos, ideal scope, and/or seeing it in person.

The diamond will favour white light over colored light return with those proportions. Its a sublte "flavour". Most people would not notice this diamond looking any different than one with a different type of cut.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that type of cutting will help it look whiter face up. no worries at all.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for this advice ^^^ I saw this and its very much over budget :blackeye:
The same size and clarity, except J color, sold for $5k less! I watched it for 2 weeks and when I jumped on it, it sold the same day..this is what kills me. I will ask WF on what they forsee coming in the next several weeks.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a pricing glitch recently on the WF website making their pricing unusually low for a short period of time until it was fixed. I'm not sure if the price you were looking at for that particular diamond was during that time frame. I'm sorry to hear it was snatched up quickly!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Mom2boys: Thank you for your sympathy! :halo:

What are your thoughts on the specs on the above stone?

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1352924869|3306582 said:
Looks like a promising 60/60 type stone. Worth further evaluation, which means photos, ideal scope, and/or seeing it in person.

The diamond will favour white light over colored light return with those proportions. Its a sublte "flavour". Most people would not notice this diamond looking any different than one with a different type of cut.

i wish I could see it but will have to pay for shipping, etc so I rather decide first. Not sure how the white light will look, trying to google more info or see images/videos. The search continues!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone would look fine to most people. I personally prefer a higher crown angle and smaller table because I like to see more of the crown. I wouldn't consider any diamond that I couldn't have pictures of, though. So if you can have a vendor call the stone in and do an idealscope image, that would be most helpful!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In reference to your stone, I prefer a smaller table also like DS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results