shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Dreamer_D! Question about BGD 3 stone rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Dreamer---I know that a little while ago you were contemplating a 3 stone project (don''t know if that''s still on or if you''re going for the big 1.7
emteeth.gif
), but I was wondering if BGD has ever sent you any of their pics of the "Open Galley Accented" 3 stone ring? I''ve seen the pics on the website, but I''m really interested in looking at a face-on and profile shot of the ring. I''ve talked to Jamie at BGD, but she didn''t have any pics besides a trellis ring. Anyway, just thought I''d try to locate some pics of that style of ring! Thanks so much!

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure that Leslie at BGD would be more than happy to send some pics over if they have any pics on file or if they have a ring available to take a picture of.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
If you go on their website at night time and click on the chat box you prob have a better shot at actually getting to talk to Lesley than through email or calling.
2.gif

ETA-That's what I did last night and I got to talk to her. I hadn't been able to actually reach HER via email in a while. Nothing against the new gals there but sometimes ya just need Lesley.

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/16/2010 3:02:50 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
If you go on their website at night time and click on the chat box you prob have a better shot at actually getting to talk to Lesley than through email or calling.
2.gif

ETA-That''s what I did last night and I got to talk to her. I hadn''t been able to actually reach HER via email in a while. Nothing against the new gals there but sometimes ya just need Lesley.
Great idea, I''ll try that tonight then!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not have pics head on and I don''t think they do either, as I did ask about them from Lesley. BUT I was told that the ring was indeed made in the sam style as the Trois Brillent that they made when they were at WF -- the client wanted a ring like that where the side stone tuck under the center. So I was operating on the assumption that the two rings would look the same. There *is* a picture in the Blog of the CAD for the ring that is head on. If you open the Blog and search for "Francis" it will take you right to that post.

Lesely aslo informed me that all of their settings are made for the individual diamond/person, they don''t have setting just lying around, so if you wanted to make little changes etc I am sure that could be accommodated too!

In my opinion, this is the *best* look for a three stone
4.gif
if you want the sides to accent rather than be more equal with the center.

Here are some threads of the Troi Brillent setting.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-trois-brillent-3-stone-ring.55855/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-ering-from-white-flash.54733/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proposing-tomorrow.90761/

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/17/2010 12:54:47 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I do not have pics head on and I don''t think they do either, as I did ask about them from Lesley. BUT I was told that the ring was indeed made in the sam style as the Trois Brillent that they made when they were at WF -- the client wanted a ring like that where the side stone tuck under the center. So I was operating on the assumption that the two rings would look the same. There *is* a picture in the Blog of the CAD for the ring that is head on. If you open the Blog and search for ''Francis'' it will take you right to that post.

Lesely aslo informed me that all of their settings are made for the individual diamond/person, they don''t have setting just lying around, so if you wanted to make little changes etc I am sure that could be accommodated too!

4.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-trois-brillent-3-stone-ring.55855/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-ering-from-white-flash.54733/
Thanks Dreamer! I do agree that if you want more of accent stones then this design is great. I just can''t for the life of me make up my mind between this style or the classic style. I am not a fan of solitares on my finger, and I''ve tried on a Scott Kay 3 stone that I believe is probably similar to this BGD, and it looked very small on my finger, with a 1 carat center and .25 sides...But I want my new center stone to shine and I''m not sure if it will in the classic style. It''s probably a very good thing that I''ve still got a few months before this upgrade happens! Good luck on your upgrade decisions btw!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see what you decide. I love 3-stone settings - excellent finger coverage.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2010 7:00:39 PM
Author: JeBri31508

Date: 4/17/2010 12:54:47 PM
I do not have pics head on and I don''t think they do either, as I did ask about them from Lesley. BUT I was told that the ring was indeed made in the sam style as the Trois Brillent that they made when they were at WF -- the client wanted a ring like that where the side stone tuck under the center. So I was operating on the assumption that the two rings would look the same. There *is* a picture in the Blog of the CAD for the ring that is head on. If you open the Blog and search for ''Francis'' it will take you right to that post.

4.gif

Thanks Dreamer! I do agree that if you want more of accent stones then this design is great. I just can''t for the life of me make up my mind between this style or the classic style. I am not a fan of solitares on my finger, and I''ve tried on a Scott Kay 3 stone that I believe is probably similar to this BGD, and it looked very small on my finger, with a 1 carat center and .25 sides...But I want my new center stone to shine and I''m not sure if it will in the classic style. It''s probably a very good thing that I''ve still got a few months before this upgrade happens! Good luck on your upgrade decisions btw!
I''ve looked at this setting too - please tell me what you see as the differences between those two settings. . . I would love to see a face on picture of the setting!

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here is a picture of the "classic" setting from Whiteflash...I really like the way this looks face-on, and it is the proportion that I am looking at: 1.2 center and .30 sides. In this ring, the center is not completely equal with the sides, but is not as high up as the BGD. The side diamonds are not straight, but not tucked like the BGD--they are only slightly tilted. I think the major differences are that the BGD looks more like a solitaire with accents, and the WF looks more like a 3 stone.
Okay, this is my first picture posting so I don't know if it will work or not!

EDIT: Oh dear, I just remembered that we are not supposed to put pictures that have the company's name on them!! Anybody know how to remove the pic?? I'm sorry!

1.221ct H VS1 ACA with .33ct G VS2 ACA sides.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to be clear, both vendors have a version of both style. The classic and the Trois Brillent at WF, and the classic and the open gallery accented at BGD.

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/18/2010 9:57:37 PM
Just to be clear, both vendors have a version of both style. The classic and the Trois Brillent at WF, and the classic and the open gallery accented at BGD.
Yes I should have put that in the previous post! I just didn''t have any pics of the classic BGD, all they sent me was one of the trellis settings, so the WF one was the closest pic I had. I think though (correct me if I''m wrong) that both vendor''s styles are similar in each type of ring. NOT the same though, of course :).

Of course, ALL the rings are beautiful, which doesn''t help my narrowing down any easier. But, I must say, I do looove getting to make these decisions!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 10:53:12 PM

Yes I should have put that in the previous post! I just didn't have any pics of the classic BGD, all they sent me was one of the trellis settings, so the WF one was the closest pic I had. I think though (correct me if I'm wrong) that both vendor's styles are similar in each type of ring. NOT the same though, of course :).

Of course, ALL the rings are beautiful, which doesn't help my narrowing down any easier. But, I must say, I do looove getting to make these decisions!
There are subtle differences indeed, to the shape of the shanks and to the gallery I think, but generally speaking they are similar at each vendor.

ETA By when are you hoping to make the choice? If there is a Tiffany near you, try one of their three stones, it is similar to the classic setting in the way the diamonds are oriented next to one another.

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/18/2010 11:00:13 PM

Yes I should have put that in the previous post! I just didn''t have any pics of the classic BGD, all they sent me was one of the trellis settings, so the WF one was the closest pic I had. I think though (correct me if I''m wrong) that both vendor''s styles are similar in each type of ring. NOT the same though, of course :).

Of course, ALL the rings are beautiful, which doesn''t help my narrowing down any easier. But, I must say, I do looove getting to make these decisions!
There are subtle differences indeed, to the shape of the shanks and to the gallery I think, but generally speaking they are similar at each vendor.

ETA By when are you hoping to make the choice? If there is a Tiffany near you, try one of their three stones, it is similar to the classic setting in the way the diamonds are oriented next to one another.
I''m not looking to actually buy the stone and setting for another 6 months or so...I am a huge planner though, so that''s why I''m already doing the research and obsessing lol! There is a Tiffany''s about 4 hours away, so i think it would be fun to take a trip down to Dallas and go there. I WISH we could road trip to Houston to visit BGD and WF, but that trip is about 7 hours, so I don''t know if we''d do that.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 10:37:50 AM

I''m not looking to actually buy the stone and setting for another 6 months or so...I am a huge planner though, so that''s why I''m already doing the research and obsessing lol! There is a Tiffany''s about 4 hours away, so i think it would be fun to take a trip down to Dallas and go there. I WISH we could road trip to Houston to visit BGD and WF, but that trip is about 7 hours, so I don''t know if we''d do that.
Ummm... HELLO... TOTALLY worth it in my opinion! Stay over night in a cheap motel, have a nice dinner, go see diamonds in person. I am very jealous.

JeBri31508

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/19/2010 10:50:46 AM

Date: 4/19/2010 10:37:50 AM

Ummm... HELLO... TOTALLY worth it in my opinion! Stay over night in a cheap motel, have a nice dinner, go see diamonds in person. I am very jealous.
Lol! Yeah, I do think it will be worth it too once it gets closer to purchase time. I''ll tell my hubby we are having "quality time" hehe :).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more question about BGD's open gallery three stone setting - would you assume that a band would not sit flush with that mounting? My current three stone ring is a flushfit type of mounting and I would like a little gap so that my wedding band doesn't get lost under the mounting. For some reason, I've done a 360 turn regarding gap - I sort of like it now!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 9:27:47 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
One more question about BGD''s open gallery three stone setting - would you assume that a band would not sit flush with that mounting? My current three stone rings is a flushfit type of mounting and I would like a little gap so that my wedding band doesn''t get lost under the mounting. For some reason, I''ve done a 360 turn regarding gap - I sort of like it now!
I think there would be a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results