shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Diamondseeker and any other huggie and stud owners!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I am currently looking at the possibility of buying roughly 1.0ctw-1.2ctw studs or the 1.5ctw huggies from WF. DS, I know you own both and was wondering if you could weigh in on the earring presence of both. Do you think I'll get more bling factor from one or the other? Any other huggie and stud owners...please let me know your thoughts!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Calling Diamondseeker and any other huggie and stud owne

I have 2cttw studs and 1 cttw Huggies. I wear them for different reasons. I have very short hair . The studs give gorgeous bling but somehow the Huggies seem "dressier". Good dilemma to have. If I had to choose one or the other I would take my studs.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

I have .80-ish studs (1.60 ctw) and the 1.5 ctw huggies from WF. I wear both all the time, for everyday occasions (and no occasion!). But I agree with AprilBaby that the huggies somehow seem a little dressier. And I'd say they are blingier. They're really pretty!

If I had to choose just one, I'd want my studs; I just consider them a basic necessity! ;-) Good luck with your decision! You really can't go wrong either way.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

I have huggies and studs. Love them both. I wear my huggies for formal occasions. Recently, I purchased jackets for my studs so now I can wear the studs alone and then dress them up for more formal occasions. Jackets give studs great versatility. In any event, if I had to choose one, I probably would choose studs.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I actually have just recently had the WF 1.50ctw huggies for a trial run. While I liked them very much, I sent them back. I was trying to decide between those and a new pair of studs. I currently have a pair of 1ctw studs but want more presence. I wanted to see how I liked the huggies before comitting to the bigger studs.

I decided that I want a pair of 2ctw studs first, then a pair of 2ctw WF huggies. My opinion is that they are dressier whereas the studs can be worn with anything, anytime.

stci

Ideal_Rock

I have both and if I had to choose (hum very difficult)... I'll choose studs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for posting that link, Lotus!

Well, I am going to have to agree with the other ladies that studs are a basic and I would do those first if the budget allows. My studs have been 1.3-1.5 ctw and the huggies 1.5 ctw. I think the huggies are more blingy but the studs can be worn anytime as the others have said. I am thinking that studs of that size will cost more than the huggies, so buy what fits your budget best. However, with diamond prices possibly increasing over the next few years, buying the studs now might be wise.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock

I have 1.5 ct huggies and got those first for the most bling bang for the buck. I also have a pair of not-quite-studs but dangling studs that I got from JBEG. I find that I wear them a little differently and sort of perfer the not-quite-studs with diamond necklaces while I prefer the huggies to be worn by themselves if that makes sense. My huggies have become my more go to casual earrings actually. For purse studs I think I want about 2-3 ctw. so I'm waiting awhile before making that kind of purchase.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

winternight|1335019424|3177115 said:
I have 1.5 ct huggies and got those first for the most bling bang for the buck. I also have a pair of not-quite-studs but dangling studs that I got from JBEG. I find that I wear them a little differently and sort of perfer the not-quite-studs with diamond necklaces while I prefer the huggies to be worn by themselves if that makes sense. My huggies have become my more go to casual earrings actually. For purse studs I think I want about 2-3 ctw. so I'm waiting awhile before making that kind of purchase.

I am trying to think what word you meant to have instead of "purse"! Unless of course you like your purse adorned with diamonds! :lol:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thank you all for your comments. I think based on your comments I am going to stick with my original plan of getting the largest studs I can within my budget. I actually went to Tiffany's today to try on some things and studs and the shared prong cross pendant were my favorites!

WInternight, thanks for your note! I'm so jealous of the thought that you may get 2-3 carat studs! Please post pics when you get them!

Diamondseeker, thanks for popping by! I think we share a lot of the same "likes" when it comes to jewelry choices! I actually tried on the legacy band with my engagement ring and loved it too! But I think I'll save a band purchase for my 10th anniversary next year! I tried on a pair of 1.36ctw studs at Tiffany's and they were quite substantial on my ears. I also really liked that I can wear them all the time as many of you said. I am also still leaning towards the 4 prong basket setting as we discussed in a previous thread of mine. I also tried on the small and medium shared prong cross and really liked the medium sized one on me. But I'm thinking the cross pendant may not be something I'll get enough wear out of once I have baby #2 due to nursing and little hands tugging on the necklace. I think the studs are going to be the safest bet!

Lotus, thanks for posting the link. I have in fact been to DS's thread many a times! It was such a good comparison!

Stci, thanks for your comments! Definitely leaning towards the studs!!!

Bright ice, so excited for you to get the 2ctw studs! Wahoo!! I also agree that given my lifestyle as a SAHM I'll definitely get way more use out of studs than the huggies.

JLW05, thanks for the info. The fact that almost everyone said the huggies are more formal was enough to swing me to the studs choice for sure!

Blueiris, thanks for your help! I also agree studs are the way to go here. It seems like the overwhelming consensus!!!

Aprilbaby, 2ctw studs??!!! So jealous!!! I think I am going to go the studs route! Seems like the most practical!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lizzy....how fun...a trip to Tiffany's! Sounds like we do like a lot of the same things! If you should ever want the small Tiffany cross, let me know and I will tell you my source. You'll save about $1000 if they have one when you are ready! I'd love to find the medium one there! But I agree it is hard to wear pendants with babies. Studs will be your safest choice! I have the classic basket settings and really wouldn't choose anything else! Can't wait to see your studs!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1335023364|3177153 said:
winternight|1335019424|3177115 said:

I am trying to think what word you meant to have instead of "purse"! Unless of course you like your purse adorned with diamonds! :lol:

Lol pure studs since mine aren't really studs. Obviously I have a thing for purses. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results