shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Dee*Jay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
While doing some searching, I came across this picture and wanted more information, if you don''t mind.
1.gif

I have a 5 stone band with .33 ACA''s and wear a size 5 and am trying to imagine what a thin eternity band would look like with it, and I really like the look with two bands! I know your ring is an eternity, but face up, mine appears like an eternity. I was wondering what size stones you have in your eternity band, and what the width of your small bands are? Also, can I ask where you purchased your bands? I''ve been eyeing these and these and don''t know what the 1.8 or 2.0mm would look like, or if there would be much of visual difference to justify an extra $300 for both. Thoughts?

Thanks so much!!
3.gif

eternity%20with%20two%20bands0001.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Just giving this a little bump.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! The stones in my eternity band are all between .34 and .36 cts. I don't know what the width of the two stacker bands are, but honestly I don't think you would notice much difference (if any) between the two options you posted so save yourself the extra $. Also, at some point you run out of finger and/or the thickness of the bands becomes uncomfortable so saving a little width where you can might not be a bad thing.

BTW, I LOVE LOVELOVE the design of your and kcoursolle's bands! Someday I might just have to do a little reset!
9.gif

ETA - Don't forget about the idea of *color*!!! I've tried on my band with ruby, sapphire and emerald stackers on each side and it is SUPER CUTE. (Yes, my name is DJ and I am an enabler!
11.gif
)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay if you don''t mind my asking... what size is your ring finger? I''ve always loved your ring. I''m getting really psyched since mine will be coming in a few weeks. (mine are .30-.31 and size 6.25)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
orbaya, your new five stone is gorgeous and I think that either eternity you choose would make a lovely frame around your five stone. They''re both very nice quality. Tough choice! Don''t you hate having to make a decision sometimes?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi Orbaya,

I don''t believe there''d be enough of a visual difference to spend the extra cash, but hey, it''s up to you :)

I love, love, love that 5 stone ring. We need to say thank you to Kcoursolle everyday for that inspiration.. hehe.

Gemgirl- can''t wait to see your finished ring!!! another 5 stone to add to the fold!! need to start a folder just for these rings!!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 10:49:52 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hi there! The stones in my eternity band are all between .34 and .36 cts. I don''t know what the width of the two stacker bands are, but honestly I don''t think you would notice much difference (if any) between the two options you posted so save yourself the extra $. Also, at some point you run out of finger and/or the thickness of the bands becomes uncomfortable so saving a little width where you can might not be a bad thing.

BTW, I LOVE LOVELOVE the design of your and kcoursolle''s bands! Someday I might just have to do a little reset!
9.gif

ETA - Don''t forget about the idea of *color*!!! I''ve tried on my band with ruby, sapphire and emerald stackers on each side and it is SUPER CUTE. (Yes, my name is DJ and I am an enabler!
11.gif
)
Thanks for responding! Our stones are similiar in size so that helps with proportion. I wasn''t sure if .2mm would be considered a large difference in something like this or not, but it sounds like there shouldn''t be.

I have imagined sapphires or other colored eternity bands to go with my 5 stone too! I think that would look good, be a different look.

Thanks for the comment about my ring...I love it so much!! I just love how I can see the whole diamond from the side!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 11:02:58 AM
Author: gemgirl
orbaya, your new five stone is gorgeous and I think that either eternity you choose would make a lovely frame around your five stone. They''re both very nice quality. Tough choice! Don''t you hate having to make a decision sometimes?
Thanks for the comment about my ring!

I''m very indecisive (it drives hubby nuts LOL!), but jewelry-related ones aren''t so bad, but they can be stressful at times!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, this ring is a size 4.5. I''m really about a 4.75 and this is a little snug in the summer, but in the winter is still slides around between my knuckles, so go figure.

Orbaya, do you ever go to your local gem shows (is there is one local to you, that is)? That''s where I found my stacker bands, I think they were $400 each, but there are a lot of vendors there that have these. I think the colored stones one were about $250 each. But most importantly since they are all right there in front of you you can play around with the different combinations and see what you like the best.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orbaya, that is a beautiful look! I''d encourage you to think about bead set bands rather than channel set as you wouldn''t have gaps between the stones.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I forgot to post before; as you look at different options I would suggest you not go with stacker bands that have exposed girdles because the stones could end up eating each other up depending on where the bands meet. I was originally looking at eternity bands in the style of the one I already had but with smaller stones and as soon as I tried them on together I realized that would be a bad idea.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Dee Jay, you''re another lady with a tiny finger!

orbaya, if you''re interested in colored sapphs, the Facets people have blue and pink sapphire eternities listed on their site under the maternity rings section. I know they''re still there because I sent my girlfriend the link this week. They come either channel set or in shared prong settings, in white or yellow and I think they''re $450. but check to be sure. I just love the quality of the Facets rings. They seem to set everything so perfectly.

elle, I''m psyched that I''m finally doing this! Mine will be a little different from both ladies. Still simple and with clean lines, just a tad different. CADs sould be coming by the end of the week.

One thing for sure, that thirty to thirty-something point size really works for most of us!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 1:38:42 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Gemgirl, this ring is a size 4.5. I''m really about a 4.75 and this is a little snug in the summer, but in the winter is still slides around between my knuckles, so go figure.

Orbaya, do you ever go to your local gem shows (is there is one local to you, that is)? That''s where I found my stacker bands, I think they were $400 each, but there are a lot of vendors there that have these. I think the colored stones one were about $250 each. But most importantly since they are all right there in front of you you can play around with the different combinations and see what you like the best.
HA! You''re too funny! A gem show around here?? I''m in Maine, if that tells you anything. Unless there are shows I don''t know about! I wish there was!!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 1:44:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Orbaya, that is a beautiful look! I''d encourage you to think about bead set bands rather than channel set as you wouldn''t have gaps between the stones.
Bead set? Hmmmm....that''s not a bad idea. I''ve sort of looked before, and the only thing I''ve found is WF''s...which is too thick. Any suggestions?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 5:02:28 PM
Author: orbaya

Bead set? Hmmmm....that''s not a bad idea. I''ve sort of looked before, and the only thing I''ve found is WF''s...which is too thick. Any suggestions?

Ritani''s are just under 2mm, pearlmans has 2 daniel k beadset bands in their closeout section that are at or just under 2mm, many of the designers on pearlmans site also make the beadset bands, beverley k, durnell, michael b, scott kay etc. if you''re trying to keep a tight budget, I''d check out beverley k.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2008 7:28:27 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Ritani''s are just under 2mm, pearlmans has 2 daniel k beadset bands in their closeout section that are at or just under 2mm, many of the designers on pearlmans site also make the beadset bands, beverley k, durnell, michael b, scott kay etc. if you''re trying to keep a tight budget, I''d check out beverley k.
Yes, MrsS gave you great recommendations! The Tiffany Legacy band is also bead set and 2mm, but it will run higher than some of the others. I agree with checking Beverley K.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 7:28:27 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Thanks, I''ll check those out! I think they still might be a bit more than what I want to spend, but I''ll look!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results