shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Cut Nut!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2carrots

Rough_Rock
I need the help of an expert. How much influence should the polish and symmetry grade have on my diamond search? I had thought that I should only look for Ex polish and Ex symmetry because "cut" was the most important of the 4 Cs. Is there a difference b/t EX and VG grades of polish and symmetry? Is the difference noticeable to the naked eye, especially for a stone in the 1.5-2 ct. range? Should I just save my money and go for a VG polish/VG symmetry? Help!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you want a h&A's grade stone then you should probably go all the way because you will be paying for it anyway.

If you just want a great looking stone then VG to Good is probably going to look the same to you as ex unless you heave "learned to look" and even then lots of people can not tell.

EX Ex is some advantage when buying offline - but there are plenty of examples of the best GIA and AGS graded diamonds actually having reduced visual symmetry, and vice-a-versa - I have a H&A's with a GIA Good.

If you caan get to see the stone then use an Ideal-scope and you will be way ahead of the existing 'old technology'.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results