shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling arjunajane...I went to visit the chunky cushion yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
and it is spectacular!!!! I saw the "big L" and compared it to my J. The shape was perfect-you know how some cushions are a little "off" maybe one corner is not level with the other-not this baby! It was perfect. It had the flower (large petals)in the table and the most perfectly sized culet. It gave off chunky flashes of rainbow colors constantly-honestly I have never seen a cushion that beautiful-it was perfect in EVERY way. Jonathan has created the ultimate chunky faceted cushion!!!He did an outstanding job with his design.

If you are still considering a trade in of your RB-I think you will be equally happy with one of his "babies".

I also got to see his two new babies the brand new chunky rounds, and they were spectacular as well!!!

If you have any questions let me know!

Kasey

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not aj, but the cushion sounds devine!! I''d love to hear more of your thoughts on the chunky rounds if you don''t mind. How would you compare them to a chunky cushion? and a "normal" round that say, just had shorter lgf"s like around lower 70''s range?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey kasey,
wow, thankyou so much for following up - you''re an absolute doll! I just wish I could''ve visited with you,
that would be a blast
5.gif

It really sounds like Jon has done a great job on this one..I''m so glad we have a "real live" report
from a PS''er.!

With re to anymore q''s - Ellen has pretty much read my mind! I''d like to know what she said - lol..
I am also eagerly awaiting some f/back on the "new oec" rounds - I would be very keen to hear your
thoughts on those compared to the cushions.?

Also, did you get to see any of them, esp. the oecs, next to an H&A - and if so what do you think?

And just one more - of course only answer if you''re able, as I know you weren''t focusing on them -
but I believe he had two of the oec''s, correct? One is ~0.8ct and the other ~1ct.
If you had a chance to compare, are you able to say whether one was your standout fave over the other
at all..?

thankyou so so much for your offer of info and reporting back, you have no idea what great timing this is!
many thanks Kasey
13.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
oh, and lurkers - dibs has been called ages ago on these chunky oec''s!
9.gif
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:17:15 PM
Author: arjunajane
oh, and lurkers - dibs has been called ages ago on these chunky oec''s!
9.gif
2.gif
yep I bid $1 in pennies
Think I got outbid lol

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 10:33:38 AM
Author: Ellen
I''m not aj, but the cushion sounds devine!! I''d love to hear more of your thoughts on the chunky rounds if you don''t mind. How would you compare them to a chunky cushion? and a ''normal'' round that say, just had shorter lgf''s like around lower 70''s range?
Hi Ellen

The cushion was definately devine! The person that buys it will be VERY pleased!

The chunky rounds were very pretty, and very different than a RB. The table had the flower appearence that I love and I am going to say petals instead of the arrows that my H&A stone has.

When I viewed the cushion and the two rounds side by side in the white box-I think it was difused lighting the cushion sparkled more. When we walked over to the window to view all three in sunlight the rounds really light up and started throwing big chunky flashes of rainbows. It reminded me of a kalidescope (sp?). The type of sparkle was the same as the chunky cushion, but with a smaller table so the chunks were everywhere. Jonathan described it as a checkerboard pattern and i think that is a good description. The chunky cushion sparkled equally in the sunlight.

All of the stones were beauties. I have only seen one OEC in person, along with many pics here on PS, and in my opinion, Jon''s babies are an updated version of those.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Kasey -
sorry, I know you haven''t even reached my first question yet, but...
5.gif

Were the chunky cushions in stock only available in larger sizes when you were there
(rg. two cts and up or the like)?

So, refresh me - are you buying any of these beauties?!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:15:26 PM
Hey kasey,
wow, thankyou so much for following up - you''re an absolute doll! I just wish I could''ve visited with you,
that would be a blast
5.gif

It really sounds like Jon has done a great job on this one..I''m so glad we have a ''real live'' report
from a PS''er.!

With re to anymore q''s - Ellen has pretty much read my mind! I''d like to know what she said - lol..
I am also eagerly awaiting some f/back on the ''new oec'' rounds - I would be very keen to hear your
thoughts on those compared to the cushions.?

Also, did you get to see any of them, esp. the oecs, next to an H&A - and if so what do you think?

And just one more - of course only answer if you''re able, as I know you weren''t focusing on them -
but I believe he had two of the oec''s, correct? One is ~0.8ct and the other ~1ct.
If you had a chance to compare, are you able to say whether one was your standout fave over the other
at all..?

thankyou so so much for your offer of info and reporting back, you have no idea what great timing this is!
many thanks Kasey
13.gif
I wish you could have been there too-you would love Jonathan''s enthusiasm with respect to his new babies! He is such a great guy!!!

I did have my H&A with me to compare, I didn''t do a side by side comparison but I can tell you the two cuts are very different! The chunky rounds are like perfect OECs and they throw chunks of rainbow colors. My RB throws small rainbow colows.

I did get to see both of them, and they were both equally beautiful. Side by side the L color was definately noticable but when you look at them as individuals the color was less prominant. You would never think it was a yellow diamond. I think you would be happy with either it just depends on your color sensitivity.

I did like the cushion more, but I think the size had a lot to do with it!!!

I hope this helps, if you need more info let me know!

Kasey

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 2:50:43 PM
Hey Kasey -
5.gif

Were the chunky cushions in stock only available in larger sizes when you were there

No there was a smaller one, but I only looked at the Big L because I will be upgrading to that size. Jon said that he is getting 12 more in soon that range in size up to 2 cts! So there will be a lot to choose from for you. I would e-mail him and to find out for sure the sizes and colors.

I won''t be buying any of the ones I saw as i need to spend more for my upgrade, but Jonanthan wanted me to see his branded cushion compared to my J and if i liked what I saw i can custom order one for my upgrade. I definately liked what i saw!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kasey,
that is great info, thankyou kindly for your responses.

In all honesty, I think I am going to have a very tough decision between the OEC and the cushion -
both have very strong merits, and I know I would love either IRL.

On a random sidenote, I tried on my first "real live" cushion diamond ring in person today.
It was a 3 stone, with 1.5ct centre and 0.75ct sides - they weren''t like Jon''s antique style cuts,
but they were def. no slouch!! I just didn''t want to take it off, lol..

However, that was the only cushion diamond to be found, out of 6 up market boutuques , hardly anyone
sells them here. One sales lady insisted that a loose rectangle cushion in one of their cases was she kept inan RB..
than she directed me to an Oval when I asked to see a set cushion - I kid you not!

Geez it was funny though- she kept insisting that the loose stone was a RB, despite me pointing out its rectangular shape, etc...
oh boy, B&M''s n!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 3:24:01 PM
Author: Kasey3

Hey Kasey -

5.gif

No there was a smaller one, but I only looked at the Big L because I will be upgrading to that size. Jon said that he is getting 12 more in soon that range in size up to 2 cts! So there will be a lot to choose from for you. I would e-mail him and to find out for sure the sizes and colors.

I won''t be buying any of the ones I saw as i need to spend more for my upgrade, but Jonanthan wanted me to see his branded cushion compared to my J and if i liked what I saw i can custom order one for my upgrade. I definately liked what i saw!!!

That''s right, I remember him mentioning the 12 more in email - well, I hope they come really really soon,
and that there''s a winner in there for you and also potentially for me..
11.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Kasey & aj, would you PLEASE stop talking about these diamonds.

All it is doing is making me really want one of those "new oec''s". Enabling is bad. What you are doing is evil.
11.gif

(to self "You don''t need one. You DON''T need one")

Seriously, that L cushion is gorgeous and it would be great if a PS''er got it so that at least the rest of us can enjoy pics. I can''t wait to see the new chunky rounds, as well.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 3:37:46 PM
Hi Kasey,
that is great info, thankyou kindly for your responses.

In all honesty, I think I am going to have a very tough decision between the OEC and the cushion -
both have very strong merits, and I know I would love either IRL.

On a random sidenote, I tried on my first ''real live'' cushion diamond ring in person today.
It was a 3 stone, with 1.5ct centre and 0.75ct sides - they weren''t like Jon''s antique style cuts,
but they were def. no slouch!! I just didn''t want to take it off, lol..

However, that was the only cushion diamond to be found, out of 6 up market boutuques , hardly anyone
sells them here. One sales lady insisted that a loose rectangle cushion in one of their cases was she kept inan RB..
than she directed me to an Oval when I asked to see a set cushion - I kid you not!

Geez it was funny though- she kept insisting that the loose stone was a RB, despite me pointing out its rectangular shape, etc...
oh boy, B&M''s n!
Isn''t it amazing how little some sales people know about diamonds when they are suppose to be the experts!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 3:52:10 PM

Date: 5/30/2009 3:24:01 PM

Hey Kasey -

5.gif

That''s right, I remember him mentioning the 12 more in email - well, I hope they come really really soon,
and that there''s a winner in there for you and also potentially for me..
11.gif
Me too! It sounds as if you are leaning toward a cushion. I can''t wait to see what you get!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''d really like an OEC. A small small small one for a RHR. Bet he''s not cutting any that small. I tried on an old OEC once and it was divine, but yellow and out of my price range. Made me want to find a whiter smaller OEC someday. Sounds like GOG is making that an option.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 11:53:47 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh I''d really like an OEC. A small small small one for a RHR. Bet he''s not cutting any that small. I tried on an old OEC once and it was divine, but yellow and out of my price range. Made me want to find a whiter smaller OEC someday. Sounds like GOG is making that an option.
How small are you thinking? If you really wanted one in a certain size maybe he could have one cut for you-I would e-mail him and ask because I know he can have a cushion cut for size and a certain color range.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Kasey, I''m not 100% but the cushion really is calling me - there''s nothing like actually going to try different things on
in person to find what you really love, lol..
I know I will really like the oec''s though - its a tough call. I can''t wait to see the oec video, I''ve been stalking Vimeo, ha!

Hey stonehunter - yes how small is small hon? (it''s all relative isn''t it
2.gif
)..
I would ask Jon for sure - he has some original (antique) OEC''s in the 0.5ct range in inventory right now, for what I think are very decent prices.
Infact, they are better prices than comparable merchandise on ebay atm, and even though I''ve got some deals on ebay
for jewellery before, I know who I''d rather shop with, lol!

Here''s a pic of a 0.56 trans/oec from GOG''s lists - a very attractive stone! And there''s a couple more in similiar sizes. just do a diamond search on round, and look for the ones that say "traditional faceting"
5.gif

trasn 0.56 GOG1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
oh, and speaking of chunky vintage cushions....

WANT!!!!

18.gif
3.gif
30.gif

cushion 3.97.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/31/2009 11:45:26 AM
Kasey, I''m not 100% but the cushion really is calling me - there''s nothing like actually going to try different things on

in person to find what you really love, lol..

I know I will really like the oec''s though - its a tough call. I can''t wait to see the oec video, I''ve been stalking Vimeo, ha!

Hey stonehunter - yes how small is small hon? (it''s all relative isn''t it
2.gif
)..

I would ask Jon for sure - he has some original (antique) OEC''s in the 0.5ct range in inventory right now, for what I think are very decent prices.

Infact, they are better prices than comparable merchandise on ebay atm, and even though I''ve got some deals on ebay

for jewellery before, I know who I''d rather shop with, lol!

Here''s a pic of a 0.56 trans/oec from GOG''s lists - a very attractive stone! And there''s a couple more in similiar sizes. just do a diamond search on round, and look for the ones that say ''traditional faceting''
5.gif

Hey, that''s my stone!! Jonathan very graciously did a video of it if you would like to check it out, it''s up on vimeo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ladies,
Per Jon, the shipment of chunky cushions are due to arrive tomorrow, so he''ll be busy doing the photo and video shoots on Tuesday. Mine''s in there too, I think.
27.gif

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 4:58:58 PM
Author: Chrono
Hey ladies,
Per Jon, the shipment of chunky cushions are due to arrive tomorrow, so he''ll be busy doing the photo and video shoots on Tuesday. Mine''s in there too, I think.
27.gif
Yeah for you chrono!!!!! You must be so excited!!! What size/shape/color???

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 4:54:32 PM
Author: jet2ks
Kasey & aj, would you PLEASE stop talking about these diamonds.

All it is doing is making me really want one of those ''new oec''s''. Enabling is bad. What you are doing is evil.
11.gif

(to self ''You don''t need one. You DON''T need one'')

Seriously, that L cushion is gorgeous and it would be great if a PS''er got it so that at least the rest of us can enjoy pics. I can''t wait to see the new chunky rounds, as well.
I think you definately need one!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 11:48:11 AM
oh, and speaking of chunky vintage cushions....

WANT!!!!

18.gif
3.gif
30.gif
me too! that is a beautiful ring!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Maybe I am totally out of the loop, but where is the link to the L diamond you all are talking about? And don''t worry, I''m not in the market for one right now
2.gif

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 6:28:37 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Maybe I am totally out of the loop, but where is the link to the L diamond you all are talking about? And don''t worry, I''m not in the market for one right now
2.gif
Sorry LG-i figured everyone knew what i was talking about!! and no worries I am not buying it-i will be buying one-but not this one although it is a beauty!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 8:39:49 PM
Author: giraffecushion

Date: 5/31/2009 6:28:37 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
Maybe I am totally out of the loop, but where is the link to the L diamond you all are talking about? And don't worry, I'm not in the market for one right now
2.gif

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5954/
I want that one so badly but another PSer has asked her BF to get it for her e-ring, so I felt it's best for me to keep looking. It's a steal for an over 2.6 ct diamond priced under $10K.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 6:16:54 PM

Date: 5/31/2009 4:58:58 PM
Author: Chrono
Hey ladies,
27.gif
Yeah for you chrono!!!!! You must be so excited!!! What size/shape/color???
I requested a square cushion OMC of anywhere from 1.25 to 1.5 ct, colour J/K and SI1. However, I''m starting to ache for a 2 ct stone before even having found the requested stone. I want to hit that 7 mm mark.
11.gif

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I''d love to get that cushion too, but I know another Ps''er has asked her boyfriend to get it for her ! To be honest I''m surprised it''s still listed, I would have expected it to be snapped up by now !

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kasey, thanks so much for the info!

Jet, shoo! You don''t need one.
25.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results