shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling All Experts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mwill

Rough_Rock
After several months of searching I have elected to buy an engagement ring. While the excitement runs deep so does the risk in dealing with knowledgeable sales people who are much more educated about diamonds than I am. I am considering purchasing a platnium tappered baguett setting with a 1.5 carat princess cut. I have been negotiating with a dealer in the diamond district in NY - who has been well let''s just say difficult.

Outlined below is what I am looking for and I would be honored, if anyone could help me understand the following:

1. What should I expect to pay for a GIA Certified Square Brilliant, VS2 1.5 Carat, G color stone with the following charactertics. Dimensions:6.45x6.32x4.51, Table Width: 77, Depth: 71.4, Girdle: Thin to Thick, Cutlet: N, Polish: VG, Symmetry: G, Fluoresce: N.

2. Where do you recommend I go to find the best diamond for my money? I have used the pricescope, checked blue nile and looked at a few other online diamond providers - is there one or two reputable retailers that you would recommend.

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YOu already have the answers at hand. You can trust the pricescope vendors to give you a great value. You can also use the seach to know what it ought to cost. Even if you want to buy the diamond from a regular retail store, you have the knowledge of the value going for you. Don''t agree to pay a lot extra for an in store purchase. It may be worth more to see the stone at a store, but it should mean a huge increase in price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results