shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all cut geek vendors & satisfied consumers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Ziad over on the "IGI OK?" thread has decided to consider the kind of "cut geek" stone that you guys know and love.

Vendors, could you check out the thread and privately let him know what you've got that he might be interested in?

Consumers, would you relate your satisfactory internet purchase experiences to him so his comfort zone will be enlarged?

Thanks.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Ziad,

I am not actually done with my internet purchasing experience, though I have the hard part out of the way. So I will give you the lowdown on what I have experienced:

I am in a fairly unique/difficult situation. I am temporarily living abroad in Singapore. Not so hard...but to make matters worse, I am flying back to the states for 1 week, then having to turn right around and go live in Sweden for 3 months. And right there in that one week, I have to have stone in hand, completely set and satisfied so that I can propose in Atlanta before heading off to sweden with the future fiancee for a week vacation.

The reason I say all this is because I went into this situation looking for someone who would extend their return (no questions asked for full refund) policy long enough for me to actually get back to the states to check my mailbox and see the ring myself.

Obviously everyone wanted my business...but it turns out that only one vendor stepped up to the plate and was more than willing to make things work out for me. That was Jonathan at Good Old Gold. He has gone out of his way to make things smooth for me. I am now waiting for a custom setting being made here in Singapore to get finished and shipped back to the states.

So I can say that any of the vendors participating in this forum would have been fine had I been living in one place...but Jonathan will always get my business and my recomendations from now on. If you check back in a couple to a few weeks, my brother should have my ring sitting in Dallas, and the transaction will be finished. Then I will have posted the whole story with all of the dirty details. I am a firm believer in the honest truth, not just the candy coated "good stories."

Just check the return/exchange policies of whoever you choose...as long as those are good, the worst that can happen is a delay of time while you pick a new stone.

So take care and good luck,
Stu

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results