shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamond in Singapore. Maybe a qns for singaporean!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blurrblurr

Rough_Rock
This question maybe for singaporeans but anyone still can comment. I went around shopping comparing prices still find that Internet is the best to shop, I feel internet vendor give their best using their expertise and experience. However, I notice something.
Buyers in singapore need to get at least something > 0.6 carat in order to break even as buying oversea incurred shipping charges or sometime apprasial in singapore.
You can squeeze out the most $100-$200 sing dollars is you are getting < 0.6 after paying the UPS and the 5% tax.
Is my above statment correct?

Tomatoes your experiences buying diamond in singapore and interent how you find?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I am not really sure what you are asking about buying >0.6ct diamonds, but my experience so far has lead me to feel that:
1. I will buy all the small diamonds (certified or not up to 0.4ct), I want offline and in Singapore with the help of my Idealscope.
2. When it is time for me to upgrade to my 2ct and if Singapore''s diamond industry is still lagging far behind, I will go online again to buy.
3. In the meantime, if I really want a bigger than 0.4ct well-cut stone with the best (my personal preference) performance, ideal/ light scope image, brilliant scope, isee2 score, etc. I will prolly go online for the better stone & setting because I am still not 101% confident in my own knowledge re: diamond cut.

This is all my personal experiences and preference as you asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results