shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamond experience in MDX/Diamond Exchange Ltd (australia)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabdiamond

Rough_Rock
This diamond company has several related companies:

- Icestore (Australia)
- Icestore (South Africa)
- Diamond of Hope (Australia)
- Diamond Exchange Toronto
- Diamond Exchange New York
- Diamond Exchange London (UK)
- AdamDiamonds (Israel )
- Australian Diamond Centre

Have anyone bought from the above listed companies recently?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS! I was dealing with Melbourne Diamond Exchange recently when looking for a stone for my ering. I ended up purchasing overseas from WF, as they had the perfect stone and it was cheaper. I felt more confident going with Brian''s tick of approval on an ACA, compared to their branded H&A line Ice on Fire.

When I had first made some email enquiries months ago, I was told that I could get IS images for the stones. When I started requesting certificates and more info, I was told the stones I was looking for were overseas and they couldn''t take IS images. The stones I was looking at were AGS Ideals, graded ) for light performance, so I should have been safe, but I would have been concerned buying a stone that was graded by another lab, and I did feel slightly uncomfortable that I was told I could get IS images, and then not be able to get them. I also was unable to get hearts and arrows pictures from their branded line stones, which I thought was strange, considering the availability of these images from other online vendors, eg WF.

I am sure they have great stones, and these issues shouldn''t be a problem, but I am a bit neurotic, wanted the piece of mind of an ACA. I am thrilled with my purchase.

Another problem I had was availability of stones. I would search their international inventory, and request the certs for a few stones at a time, but it took about 24 hours to get the certs, as they needed to come from overseas (I believe most of their stock is in the US). So, by the time I got the certs, the stones were no longer available. I found this incredibly frustrating. I admit my requirements were VERY strict in terms of colour, clarity, size and cut parameters. I still check the inventory from time to time, and in the past 8 weeks it has taken me to find my stone, have my ring made and shipped to Australia from WF, I havn''t found another stone that would have satisfied my requirements, so I would still be waiting or settling for something that was ''near enough'' which I just wasn''t happy to do either.

So, I guess, if you are looking for AGS certified stones, which have 0 light performance, you will be ok without IS images for the most part. Also, I was looking for D VS 0.7-0.85ct mark, which is pretty narrow, but if you are more flexible you might have more luck.

Sorry for the long winded post, hope it helps.

If you need help finding the perfect stone, from either one of the PS vendors or Diamond exchange, post your requirements and we are more than happy to help you find the perfect stone. Good luck

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fab,
welcome to PS and good luck in ur diamond search
5.gif

I pretty much agree with what honey has said. I too attempted to deal with MDX when I first started looking for my diamond. And I have to say, I just *don''t get it* to purchase from a company that are drawing their inventory from most likely the same virtual diamond databases in the US, when the US vendors lcan access them quicker and probably cheaper.
I did ask to call in the images and cert for one asscher cut, and like with honey''s case, it took way too long. By the time it arrived I had moved on in my search, however I was quite disgruntled that one of their SA''s made a nbr of unsolicited phone calls to me about buying the stone. They seemed pretty pushy and it got me a bit miffed.
I also encountered some below par customer service via email, but perhaps that was because the SA had never heard of the cuts I was asking for (a modified square brilliant), and they insisted on telling me I was looking for a radiant (wrong)
40.gif

Apologies as I realize this post has sounded a bit negative. I will say that they do seem to enjoy a good rep..
If you are open to buying over the net, any of the PS listed vendors u can''t go wrong with for great inventory and customer service.
Do you live in Australia? There are a number of aussie posters on here that have bought from vendors such as whiteflash and GOG with great success.
1.gif

Can I ask what kind of stone you are after?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi fabdiamond,

I had Diamondexchange.ca (in Toronto) source my stone from a factory in NY and I can't say enough good things about my experience with Michael Baumbach (he's an Aussie that manages the Toronto office, but travels between TO and NYC). He was not pushy at all, and I found him to be totally experienced, gracious and up front throughout the process. He handled my entire transaction from start to finish and promptly returned my emails every step of the way. I will say that their online set up is not the best and needs to have certs with specs available to the consumer. Many aussies have had great luck with the PS vendors, so I would definitely explore those avenues. Certain vendors have a knack for certain shapes, so if you know what shape you are looking for, let the fourm know and the resident experts will assist.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results