shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a diamond in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArmyWife

Rough_Rock
Help ! My husband is home from Iraq and now we''re stationed in Southern Georgia. We''ve been married 20 yrs and I want to upgrade my bridal set to a much more appropriate one for my age and better income level. So my dilemma is that I need to find a great jeweler in the deep south, or I would surely love any input anyone has on online diamond buying, such as reputable sellers and quality merchandise. Thanks in advance.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello armywife
35.gif
welcome to ps!

congratulations on your upgrade
36.gif

there are several reputable vendors that frequent the forums here. i have only had purchasing experience with one so far and that was with www.whiteflash.com and i can highly recommend them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Where in Georgia exactly are you? That is where I am from (sort of Air Force brat
2.gif
) and I like in AL now. I know a few nice people in parts of GA and one here in Tuscaloosa but I am not sure how far away you would be from any of them.

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
I also only have experience purchasing from one vendor and that was Whiteflash
9.gif
. I highly recommend them and Denise who was the person I worked with - Brian is great, too. Just check out their website and then call. They have great customer service.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Hi! i live in Louisiana and my BF and i are in the process of going through WhiteFlash in houston to purchase my engagement ring. I highly recommend them. you can buy online from them. they also take appointments although they aren''t a "store." We find it easy to drive there... anyway.... since we also don''t live in texas, we don''t have to pay taxes on our purchase through WhiteFlash, which is nifty! Also, they do custom pieces. so, they can help you if you have something in mind but haven''t seen anywhere. goodluck! sounds like a fun project.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Armywife,

For local shopping, these places in Georgia have been recommended here on Pricescope. Otherwise, I made my purchase at an internet vendor I was able to drive to at the time (now called James Allen); at a distance, both WF and Good Old Gold seem most popular here, and both have very successful stories. All the vendors referenced here do pretty well, or they don't stick around.

Best wishes,

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 4:47:22 PM
Author: ArmyWife
We are currently at Ft. Benning so we''re very close to Al. as well
Here''s the detail for Alabama. Here''s the country, should you be travelling, per Pricescope''s info, also available at the top right of this web page, under Resources, see Local Jewelers.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Spiffy, but I think Tuscaloosa would be the closest, and that is still a bit of a drive. Hudson Poole is a wonderful store, if you are willing to make the drive. If you prefer the internet I would suggest you consider Good Old Gold or Whiteflash. HTH.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Hey there.. I used to live in Columbus.. and let me tell you there are no decent jewelers in that area. My suggestion would be to drive to Atlanta and check out Solomon Bros or Cumberland Diamond Exchange. Hope this helps!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
The Georgia Diamond Corp
They are in Atlanta though.
Another PScoper got a 2 carat Royal Asscher there, if memory serves.
It''s worth a phone call, and maybe even a trip.

Scintillating...

ArmyWife

Rough_Rock
I have sort of been driving around looking locally, and there doesnt seem to be anything on the "high" end. Mostly mom and pop jewelry/gift shops. So I think its time for the 2 hr drive to Atlanta.
Thx all

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
If you are headed to Atlanta, I recommend also checking out Union Diamond. They have a ton of diamonds listed on their site and very competitive prices. I have been speaking with Tony and he has been extremely professional and helpful. I know other Pscopers have used them. They do internet sales and they have a B&M location.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kit is right, many PS''ers have bought their diamonds from Union Diamond and have been very pleased. Good luck in your search and welcome to PS
35.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, Army Wife. So fun to hear of a new upgrade. You certainly deserve it. Good luck in finding the perfect stone, and be sure to post stats to nail down contenders.

BTW, something I always try to do is to thank soldiers for their service to our country. Tell your DH, thank you very much. It means a lot. I know (army brat myself, Dad did 20 years) that he didn''t do it alone, so thank you as well.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results