shape
carat
color
clarity

Burning ? before purchase! Sarin equivalent to ASET / IS??

a2raya83

Rough_Rock
About to purchase this RB 1.5ct I VSI diamond, and am wondering if this SARIN report with firetrace is equivalent to a computer generated ASET or IS seen on AGSL reports. Im unable to obtain actual ASET or IS per vender and would like to know if the supplied documents for the diamond is satisfactory for justifying the AGS 000 and overall quality of the diamond & purchase. Thanks for the help.

RB 1.5ct I VSI AGS 000
$11k
7.40MM X 7.37MM X 4.57MM
Depth 61.9 %
Table 56.6 %
Crown Angle 34.8°
Crown Height 15.1%
Pavilion Angle 41.2°
Pavilion Depth 43.6%
Girdle Thin to Medium
Culet None

SARIN
d-g1555k_sarin.jpg

AGS Cert
http://p0.a-ritani.com/uploads/diamonds/certificate/pdf/40925/D-G1555K.pdf

HD Diamond Image
detail_primary_89282261_d-g1555k.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Burning ? before purchase! Sarin equivalent to ASET / IS

I think coupled with the AGS0 the firetrace is enough. It would be enough for me.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It scores the following on the HCA:

Light Return - Very Good
Fire - Good
Scintillation - Good
Spread or diameter for weight - Very Good

Total Visual Performance 3.4 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

How does the price compare to others in that size/colour/clarity that are also AGS000?

I believe Gypsy's usual advice is to pass on anything over 2.0-2.5 on the HCA, so I think it would ideally have a slightly cheaper price than other options, going from the HCA and the <2.0 recommendation. :)

It still looks quite nice in the picture, but it may be possible to source better for the money!

a2raya83

Rough_Rock

I thought the HCA does not matter when the diamond is already classified as a AGS 000. Plus, doesn't the sarin report and the firetrace look at that more accurately than the HCA?

Either way, I am not tied to this particular diamond in anyway. Im currently looking for a MRB 1.5ct eye-clean with the most ideal cut that is <$12,000. And besides this diamond, there is very little that meets this on james allen, whiteflash, goodoldgold or BGD. HP/Infinity doesnt even carry this size :(

I also just like Ritani ring settings and being able to get the free preview in store and the lifetime care at a local dealer with the 0% financing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I don't believe you are looking at a Sarin readout. I believe you are instead being given a readout from an Ogi device. It is similar to Sarin, but not so well recognized or accepted. A ray trace type estimation of light behavior has some degree of validity, but it is not as sophisticated as other programs being utilized. Firetrace looks important and attractive, but it as with many other ray tracing software, does not discern as well at the upper range of performance as one would want and tends to grade medium stones somewhat as good as better ones. This may make the seller happier, but it won't do the same for you. My older Sarin has its own ray trace software which is no more acceptable than Firetrace these days for anyone in the lab side of the business. For a consumer, any data is better than none, but please check it out more carefully.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results