shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin recut complete!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I sent a diamond to Brian Gavin to be evaluated for a recut. He did his analysis on the stone and I decided to have the recut done. I have had this stone for about 15 years and is uncerted. It was .97ct, but was so deep that it faced up at 6.1mm!! :o The stone now is a .9 on the HCA and is .79ct, but it only lost .1mm of diameter so it's 6.0mm now! I am thrilled with the results and cannot wait to see my diamond! Brian still has the stone while I decide how to set it. I'm thinking pendant but am toying with other options too.

Here are some before and after images!

jewelry-001.jpg

jewelry.jpg

jewelry-002.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like Pearls? Cause I've got an idea if you do.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That ASET is amazing!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Greenbling - I know, right? I'm so excited!

Gypsy - I've never been a big pearl person, but I'm interested in hearing your idea. I don't have a big budget to work with....$600.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh how exciting! That has made such a difference!
Is it too big to set it in one of those pendent type bracelets? I dont know if you'd never wear it or you'd wear it every day, but I love those. But again I dont know if its too big for that.

How great it has worked out :appl:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
nielseel|1354587258|3321835 said:
Is it too big to set it in one of those pendent type bracelets? I dont know if you'd never wear it or you'd wear it every day, but I love those. But again I dont know if its too big for that.

Nice idea, but I don't want a bracelet. It's a pretty style, but I have a tennis bracelet I wear daily.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
orbaya|1354587630|3321843 said:
nielseel|1354587258|3321835 said:

Nice idea, but I don't want a bracelet. It's a pretty style, but I have a tennis bracelet I wear daily.

oh well if you have a tennis bracelet than just ignore me lol. Hmmm, i must not be very creative, all i can think of is a bracelet or a pendant for the budget...hmmmm :read:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a huge improvement! Holy --- that's an amazing ASET! Great H&As now, too - You must be so excited Orbaya! Do you have a Barbara pendant? I love mine and haven't taken it off since I got it in June! (well, it gets cleaned....) Money well spent, if you don't already have one!

Beautiful!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1354588591|3321863 said:
What a huge improvement! Holy --- that's an amazing ASET! Great H&As now, too - You must be so excited Orbaya! Do you have a Barbara pendant? I love mine and haven't taken it off since I got it in June! (well, it gets cleaned....) Money well spent, if you don't already have one!

Beautiful!

Actually I'm leaning heavily towards the Barbara martini.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Yea!!! Nice re-cut. I had BGD re-cut my original stone...turned out really nice too! Looking forward to what you decide since my diamond is still unset...couldn't decide. Maybe you'll be my inspiration!!! :wink2:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!!! What a difference it'll be in person! Can't wait to see more pics! Can I ask how much it cost to have the stone re-cut? I've thought about this...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya|1354589566|3321881 said:

Beautiful!

sah - WEET!!! I love that new design - that would be kick a$$ amazing with your newly recut diamond!! Mine is the original 3 loop one w bezel, but no milgrain. It is a very comfortable necklace/pendant to wear and very bright and sparkly! I hope you go for it :appl:

vishke8

Rough_Rock
Amazing transformation..tell us how much did it cost you to get it look so beautiful???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1354589831|3321887 said:
It looks beautiful!!! What a difference it'll be in person! Can't wait to see more pics! Can I ask how much it cost to have the stone re-cut? I've thought about this...

When I did it, it was $350 a carat.

Orbaya...that is an incredible improvement! It came out so close to mine which was 1 ct recut to .80! I am so happy you decided to do it because I know you'll really enjoy the stone now! I will tell you that I had mine set in a Barbara pendant but I am planning on resetting because it looks too small to me. I think a small halo or something would make it look a little more substantial. But I haven't 100% decided on a style.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi|1354590310|3321898 said:
orbaya|1354589566|3321881 said:

Beautiful!

sah - WEET!!! I love that new design - that would be kick a$$ amazing with your newly recut diamond!! Mine is the original 3 loop one w bezel, but no milgrain. It is a very comfortable necklace/pendant to wear and very bright and sparkly! I hope you go for it :appl:
I love your "new" diamond! and I LOVE the Barbara martini! It's gonna look soooo good with a .79ct diamond!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
renogirl|1354589652|3321883 said:
Yea!!! Nice re-cut. I had BGD re-cut my original stone...turned out really nice too! Looking forward to what you decide since my diamond is still unset...couldn't decide. Maybe you'll be my inspiration!!! :wink2:

Nice! Do you have your diamond back or does BG still have it? Have you started a thread on your experience?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

The price of recutting depends on the size of your stone. I don't know if it's changed but almost 2 months ago when I began the project it was $350 per carat.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1354595000|3321971 said:

When I did it, it was $350 a carat.

Orbaya...that is an incredible improvement! It came out so close to mine which was 1 ct recut to .80! I am so happy you decided to do it because I know you'll really enjoy the stone now! I will tell you that I had mine set in a Barbara pendant but I am planning on resetting because it looks too small to me. I think a small halo or something would make it look a little more substantial. But I haven't 100% decided on a style.

Do you have yours in the Barbara martini or bezel? I wouldn't be opposed to looking in a halo with very small stones, but I don't think my budget of $600 will cover it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What an improvement, and with only .1mm lost. That diamond isn't going to look smaller to you at all! And I think it's the perfect size for an everyday pendant. Big enough to be seen and be sparkly, not so big that it's too much to wear with a tshirt and jeans. Or whatever you wear every day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya|1354587063|3321832 said:
Greenbling - I know, right? I'm so excited!

Gypsy - I've never been a big pearl person, but I'm interested in hearing your idea. I don't have a big budget to work with....$600.

I'd have it set in pendant. But the pendant setting should allow for a dangle 'enhancer' to be connected to it. So somehow the back of the diamond pendant should have a loop. So that if you wanted to hook a pearl or a gemstone onto it, and have it dangle down, you could. It's a small modification, but if you like variety it's a nice one that allows that diamond to be used with different dangles for different looks.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks great....good for you taking the plunge to get a recut.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
:wavey:
My BGD re-cut was done some time ago...couldn't decide what to do with it, so I had them send it back to me. I started a couple of threads about my experience and the results (sorry, I don't know how to post a link). Can't wait to see what you do with your beautiful "new" diamond!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! beautiful improvement... :love: :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome job - and to think only .1mm was lost for such an incredible transformation. I can't wait to see its new home, when you make your final decision. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results