shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Blue = Signature w/ Fluorescence?

simplesimon

Rough_Rock
Are BGB diamonds the same as the Signature line, just with medium to strong fluorescence? I've seen mention that its "near ideal" but not the super ideal level of the Signature line. I just want to verify as part of my research. Sorry about that. I tried google to see if this was asked before and I saw the above explanation. Thanks!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I have a BGD Medium Blue and it is stunning! I would not hesitate to get this from BGD!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, from what I understand, unlike the super-ideal BGD Signature H&A round diamond line, which score O in Light Performance, Symmetry, and Polish, the BGD Signature Blue round brilliant line will score O in Light Performance, but Symmetry and Polish may range between O (ideal) and 1 (Excellent). http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/brian-gavins-blue-diamonds-with-fluorescence/ So while some BGD Blues may be OOO, others will not.

eta: edited to delete wrong statement (thanks vrbbeauty).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BGD's website states that the "Blue" line diamonds meet the super-ideal cut criteria:

Brian's diamond savvy can be your gain. His new "Brian Gavin Blue" line of diamonds contains medium to strong blue fluorescence. Brian carefully and meticulously inspects each one of these diamonds to make sure that the fluorescence has no negative effect on the diamond's performance whatsoever. Each one of these top performing stones has been Cut to super ideal proportions.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ okay, I edited my post above to delete the wrong statement... but now I am curious - I thought to be considered super-ideal, a stone could not receive a 1 in Symmetry and/or Polish ... off to research this!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last I looked, they did not provide hearts images on the blues, therefore not guaranteeing that a BG Blue is H&A...has that changed? I also would not hesitate with most of the BGB stones I have seen as I like fluorescence!

simplesimon

Rough_Rock
It seems like there's inconsistency with what BG provides for each of his diamonds. All have the AGS reports, but some don't have H&A images, some don't have Idealscope, and it seems odd to me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
simplesimon|1418752957|3802344 said:
It seems like there's inconsistency with what BG provides for each of his diamonds. All have the AGS reports, but some don't have H&A images, some don't have Idealscope, and it seems odd to me.
They don't post H&A pic on their blue stones. you can always ask for IS photo if it is not posted on their site.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
The medium blue stone that I purchased from BGD is AGS O in cut, light performance, polish and symmetry. My diamond also came with an idealscope image. I did not request a hearts and arrows image, but I am sure if I wanted one that BGD would happily oblige!

-I know that I responded before, but I just wanted to add the above information. I missed the heart of your question last night when I responded. Running on too little sleep thanks to the kiddos. :(sad Hope this is more helpful than my previous responses.

All the best with your decision.

simplesimon

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies. To get a "mind clean" diamond, I'd be much happier being able to see all the images for Blue diamonds that are typically supplied for the Signature line.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey OP, are working with Leslie at BGD, if not, I recommend it highly. You can even talk with Brian. They will bend over backwards to make you happy.

simplesimon

Rough_Rock
This is all for naught because I guess my girlfriend doesn't like the idea of having a glow in the (UV) dark diamond even though I think it's awesome! Thanks for the help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results