shape
carat
color
clarity

Boy, did I have the day from he@#

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Shay, I am so sorry to hear about your ring, please don''t stop looking. I know exactly what you are going through. Two and a half years ago I lost my wedding band which was a a 2.65 carat eternity band which was blessed by a Catholic Bishop when we were married. I was beside myself. After 24 hours of non stop searching I called our insurance company to tell them what happened but I wasn''t ready to file a claim. She told me that she would keep the file open for one month. After 4 weeks of searching it still didn''t turn up; it pained me to file the claim. I upgraded my solitaire to 3 carats and my husband replaced the eternity with a slightly larger one when he realized how much I missed it. I love it, but I still miss my original ring.

My fingers are crossed that it will turn up.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay, I''m still crossing my finger and toes for you!

Checking with the pawn shops is a good idea. I would leave your name, number, and even maybe a picture of the ring with each of them too just in case it comes in at a later date. It also wouldn''t hurt to keep checking with them for quite a while. You never know when a person might decide to pawn it.

Also, have you thought about calling the local police department in that town and letting them know of the missing ring. I don''t know if you could file a report or anything, but it is always possible that someone found it and brought it to them (or will bring it to them).

Finally, how many jewelry stores are around there? Because if I found a ring that I thought was a diamond ring, and I was evil and not going to report that I found it, I would want to make sure it is a diamond instead of a CZ or something. So maybe you could let all the close jewelry stores know about it, give them a picture or two, and have them call if they see anything.

Just some random thoughts....

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Offer a reward?

No questions asked...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone here for all their kind words and support and prayers. It means so much to me to have your encouragement. I don''t know what happens next, but I will keep everyone informed.

Shay

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh Shay, I''m soooo sorry. I can''t even imagine! I''ve got my fingers crossed for you.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Any luck?
39.gif

dib

Shiny_Rock
shay-

a couple of months ago i was in your same shoes. i lost my ring and was devasted. I really couldn''t shake the feeling for a long time. Fortunately we were insured and i was able to get a replacement. However, with that being said, it still didn''t make it any easier knowing that the ring my husband proposed with would no longer be on my finger. Even though we were able to add money to the new ring and i was able to get a new bigger ring, I still was very upset that my original ring was gone. You just have to try and put things into perspective. Thank g-d you and your family are safe and although this is SO hard to deal with, you have no choice but to move on. I was sad too because when i replaced my ring, i decided to go with a different shape. I LOVED my original ring, but as i got older, my taste changed and i wanted something else. I hope you find your ring, but if you don''t, try your hardest to take the new ring and move forward. Best of luck to you!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Shay, I feel bad, I''m just seeing this! How horrible! I can''t imagine what you''re going through, but I wish you lots of luck in your search. Do another sweep with a lot of people, check all the places you already have a dozen times, sometimes it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes. I agree with whom ever said it may have gotten caught in your keys...I''ve had things get attached to my keys and they could''ve been lost if they weren''t as large as they were...a ring I probably would not have noticed. Knowing my luck, I''d find it as soon as I got the replacement!

Lots and lots and lots of luck & keep us updated...

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh shay! i dunno how i missed this thread the first time around..my heart goes out to u, and i truly hope that when u least expect it u will find ur ring waiting for u in a place u least expected!!
23.gif

if not, at least u have the insurance which should lessen the blow of loosing a ring...again, i do hope u find ur ring before then...

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I can just imagine how bad you feel!!!!!

Shay, did you go to the police dept???? Many years ago when my son was a newborn, my mom watched the baby for awhile so I could get out....I found a bank envelope of $$ on the sidewalk....I took it to the police dept.....no one ever came in to claim it...they assumed it was taken by someone and USED, I imagine!!! But there are honest people out there!!!!
Also, I had some jewelry disappear while having my house worked on....I called the police, who came out and did a report, and I made up a list of the items and sent it to all of the pawn shops...I also called surrounding police depts...everyone was very nice.....that info. helped when I finally made an ins. claim!!!!

Hope you come back w/positive news!!!!!!!!!!! I''ll be thinking about you, believe me!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
No luck. Thank you guys for all your kind responses and helpful posts. I really appreciate it. I talked to the Insurance company Fri. and they were very helpful. I don''t know when I''ll get a check, but I don''t really care. I''m just going to take my time and make sure that the ring I choose is as special in its own way as the one I lost. I think I am going to go with a different type ring, but the same type stone. I just don''t want to look at it everyday and miss the old one, so I''ll just make it completely different as far as the setting goes. I think the new ring deserves to be loved for itself and not looked at as a substitute. Again thank you all so much. PSers rock and are rocks (to lean on) in good times and bad.
36.gif

Shay

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am sorry to hear that you cannot recover it but I am glad you have the outlook on it''s "replacement" that you do.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear it hasn''t shown up. I agree on your outlook of finding a different ring to take it''s place. I had a sentimental ring lost recently, and do not want it remade. As much as I wish I still had it, it wouldn''t hold the same sentimentality as just a clone of the original.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck to you in finding a really stunning replacement. I am so sorry for your loss. . . however, we have seen folks here come out on top after a loss. I know you can't replace the sentimental value but you can still have a beautiful ring when the day is done. Let us know what you decide and once again good luck!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay, I''m sorry that you haven''t found it.
15.gif
But I am happy to see your great attitude toward the eventual new ring.

Good luck, and you know we''ll be there to help you anytime along the way!
19.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, today I finished calling the pawn shops in the yellow pages. No one had pawned or attempted to pawn it. I called the police stations closest to where it was lost in the hopes of a good Samaritan. Nothing there either. I had called the Insurance co. Thursday, and yesterday I got a check. Just an FYI for anyone considering Chubb. Thank you all for your heartfelt wishes in this matter. I am working with Whiteflash on the replacement, and I will start a new thread with the details. Again, thank you all so much.
30.gif
You guys are the best!

Shay

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Shay, I''m sorry that you didn''t find it,
15.gif
but I am glad that everything in the process seems to moving on smoothly.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay, I am so sorry it didn''t turn up. But you will have a brand new ring that will be very special as well. I look forward to following your search for a new stone.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry as well that your ring didn''t turn up, but I am glad that the insurance company has come through, in a timely manner no less, and you can at least know that a replacement is in the works for you. *hugs*

I also want to take a second to make this a public service announcement...GET YOUR RING INSURED!!! No one expects to lose or damage a ring...that''s why they''re called ACCIDENTS!!!! This would not be a story with a happy ending w/o insurance...! *steps off soapbox*

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you didn''t find it
39.gif
Thank god you have it insured.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Shay...I''m so sorry that you didn''t find your ring! Good luck in your quest for the replacement! Thank goodness you had it insured!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Miss Shay, I am sorry to hear that you are not having any better luck. Hopefully it will be found... If not I am glad to see that you are being so positive. Good Luck finding your new stone.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to add my regrets that you have been unable to find your ring. While you will always miss it, I hope that you can create a new one with its own special meaning for you and your husband. Thank goodness you had insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results