shape
carat
color
clarity

Boy, did I have the day from he@#

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You must be inconsolable
7.gif
--that said I am very sorry for your present circumstances; hope the ring turns up in your office, or pocket or in one of your files or car where your purse might have tipped over and diumped some contents out (I do this on a daily basis...).....

cheers--Sharon

anika

Shiny_Rock
Wishing you safe return of your precious ring.
Just a thought but can you use a portable metal detector to help search???
Best wishes....Anika.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It''s heartbreaking to lose something one loves. Maybe somebody will find it and turn it in. There are many more honest people out there than dishonest ones, so it''s not impossible that will happen.

I know this sounds trite, but remember how much more important your love is than the symbol of it. At least your husband didn''t fall out of your purse and get lost.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gulp...

Don''t really know what to say about the feelings off loss of the ring.

Give it a day or so to see if it turns up.

Also, make sure your husband knows that you love him more than the ring (sometimes the messages get mixed unintentionally).

Perry

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would rent a metal detector, that''s a good idea. Oh I pray it turns up.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to read this and I can understand being so upset...I thought I chipped my stone once and all I could think of was, "I don''t care that it''s insured--I want THAT one."
7.gif

Can you recall any times where you took things out of your purse where the ring might have been jostled out of the bag? And if so, search those places again?

Keep the faith a little while longer--there ARE still some decent people out there and someone may very well turn it in in a day or two.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 10:25:17 PM
Author: anika
Best wishes....Anika.
Great idea Anika and Kaleigh. Thanks for thinking of it. I''ll see what I can do.

Jennifer, yup, I want that one. The only place I pulled anything out of my purse was at the parking lot and in my kitchen. After I removed my keys, I rezipped my bag. It''s possible that it fell out there, so I had my husband check the car. He had it at work. He even checked in the trunk. No luck. I will keep you all updated.

Shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 10:26:03 PM
Author: glitterata
It''s heartbreaking to lose something one loves. Maybe somebody will find it and turn it in. There are many more honest people out there than dishonest ones, so it''s not impossible that will happen.

I know this sounds trite, but remember how much more important your love is than the symbol of it. At least your husband didn''t fall out of your purse and get lost.
Thank you. I laughed for the first time in many hours.

Shay

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God, my heart goes out to you.

I wonder if when you dropped the ring into your bag it just sorta landed on your keys and then came out when you pulled your keys out. I know you have gone over and over this in your mind.

I dropped a diamond stud last week in my bathroom and I went nuts when I could not find it right away. But I have a habit of closing all drains and toilet seats, when I remove or clean my jewelry, so I knew it was still "ok". But I''ll have you know that stud must have bounced or something (I know, sounds stupid) cause it ended up in a small trash can under my vanity.

Know that we are thinking of you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
BAH - this is just dreadful, awful news, Shay!

Oh, I so hope you find it soon. I misplaced mine once for 10 MINUTES.....took it off in Chili''s (becuase a waitress dumped sandwich on me and cleaned up my hand from mayo).....and I was SICK when I realized it was gone.

Praying for it''s safe return to you.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 10:57:56 PM
Author: Shay37

Date: 9/7/2005 10:25:17 PM
Author: anika
Best wishes....Anika.
Great idea Anika and Kaleigh. Thanks for thinking of it. I''ll see what I can do.

Jennifer, yup, I want that one. The only place I pulled anything out of my purse was at the parking lot and in my kitchen. After I removed my keys, I rezipped my bag. It''s possible that it fell out there, so I had my husband check the car. He had it at work. He even checked in the trunk. No luck. I will keep you all updated.

Shay
Check the car AGAIN--and AGAIN... use a flashlight. I dropped a diamond earring in there once and it wasn''t until the 3rd search that I found it...you''d be AMAZED at the crevices in cars.....lift up the floor carpets, everything!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god, how horrible! I''m so sorry...but you never know, we can all hope that shortly after you do make your claim, your ring will turn up.....(fingers crossed)

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Shay,

check your car at night with a flashlight to see if the ring reflects from the light, I found a earring this way. I really hope you find your ring. I am sad for you.
39.gif

But staying positive you will find it.

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Don''t know if this helps ... Hope it does though. It is horrible that you lost your ring and sorrowful ... Yet ... You still have your husband. I believe it is important to remember what is involved in this ring (assuming it is engagement or marriage). If you can get passed the pain of losing the ring and actually REenlighten yourself to what you do have I don''t think the ring would be so troubling or possibly important.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 11:09:22 PM
Author: aljdewey
BAH - this is just dreadful, awful news, Shay!

Oh, I so hope you find it soon. I misplaced mine once for 10 MINUTES.....took it off in Chili''s (becuase a waitress dumped sandwich on me and cleaned up my hand from mayo).....and I was SICK when I realized it was gone.

Praying for it''s safe return to you.
OMG, I remember when it happened to you. That must have one of the scariest moments of your life.

I didn''t realize so many people had had something similar happen. I just wish I could rewind yesterday morning, but you''re all correct in saying that what that ring represents is alive and well. I love him, and he loves me. That is what I will hold on to.

I checked the car again with the flashlight and NOTHING!!! ARRRGH.

Shay

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a long shot, but do you keep a pack of tissues in the handbag? A friend of mine once put her ring in her handbag and then couldn't find it. She thought it was lost. A week later, she needed a tissue, and it turned out that the ring had slipped into the pack of tissues.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2005 8:02:07 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
This is a long shot, but do you keep a pack of tissues in the handbag? A friend of mine once put her ring in her handbag and then couldn''t find it. She thought it was lost. A week later, she needed a tissue, and it turned out that the ring had slipped into the pack of tissues.
Nope. I opened every scrap of paper and laid them out, you know, just in case. No luck. Boy, am I a messy handbag girl. I had receipts in there for things I had completely forgotten buying.
20.gif

Shay

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Shay-

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful & beloved ring......I know that sick, sinking feel and all the pain that comes from it...and the endless replaying of what lead up to it, the shoulda, woulda, coulda thoughts...the "if only I hadn''t..." is the WORST. I''m sorry & sending some good mojo your way.

Now what you really need are as many sets of eyes as possible- enlist family, friends, co-workers- give that all-out effort so if you do have to file a claim you can do so knowing that you did EVERYTHING to try and find it. I found my lost school ring that way in high-school, about 10 people looking where I thought I lost it (friend''s back yard) and a couple others following the path from my car through the house found it on the front lawn! Sometimes you never know.....good luck

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Shay, I''m so, so sorry that you lost your beautiful ring. That sick feeling in the pit of your stomach is just the worst! I''m keeping positive thoughts that you find it very quickly!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any luck?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Still crossing my fingers for you Shay!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try checking the parking lot again with a flashlight. The ring may have been driven over and the setting ruined, but the stone should be OK.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry. My guess is that the ring got tangled up in your keys. Retrace every step your keys took.

Good luck!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe filing the claim will be like when you....

Go to the restroom after waiting for your food for forever and it shows up!

Orr when you say that you haven''t had a cold in forever and get one the next day!

Or make the mistake of saying that it''s quiet at work and then all hell breaks loose!

Of course, it probably wouldn''t be found until you''ve filed and completed all your paper work, and are on the way to the bank to cash the cheque!

Good Luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to see if there is any news. I am still hopeful!!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Well, my DH and I went back today and searched the parking lot and surrounding areas for about an hour and a half. When we pulled up, yup, there was Buddy still hunting. (bless his heart) Still nothing. I just fear that someone found it after I lost it but before I noticed and called. My DH said to call around to pawn shops and see if somebody has brought one in matching that description. I have an SC that is laser inscribed on the girdle.

I called the insurance company, and someone will be getting back to me today some time. I''ll keep you updated.

Shay

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i was hoping for better news. so sad. i''ll keep checking in - hopefully it will turn up!

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
shay, i am so sorry about the loss of your ring. i once lost a ring in a similiar situation. it was not an e-ring so i in no way know how you feel.

you are going the extra mile to try to find it. i hope you find peace with this and have a ring on your finger soon. banjo

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
My Heart goes out to you!!!! I had a simnilar occurance 3 weeks ago. I went to a jewelry counter took off my 3 carat diamond plat band ring to try on a $75 silver ring. I bought the ring, left and 4 hour later glanced down my hand to realize.... where did I put my ring. I thought I had placed it in my handbag. I will never forget the pit in my stomach, when I could not find it in my purse. I must have looked like a madman in the parking lot. I tore out all my car matts emptied my purse, and was in tears the whole time. It truely was a sick feeling ...one I had never experienced before. I drove bacK to the store I had purchased the silver ring and scoured the parking lot. Finally resigned it was gone for good, I went to the counter I had bought the silver ring and low and behold..... she had it!! She had paged me in the store several times and I had already left. I gave her the biggest hug, tears streaming down my cheek with relief!(the ring is sentimental and Uninsured). Needless to say
No more ring wearing until insured.

Please make sure to look UNDER everyplace you went with your bag. I could easily envision that ring falling out and rolling under desk, chair or corner.

I wish you all the best!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Shay, I''m so soory for your loss. I can''t imaging the heartache. I sure hope it turns up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results