shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought my cushion ring and stone! - Opinions! DBL

Bauer600

Rough_Rock
Okay guys. I bit the bullet, after weeks of speculating I ended up going with David from DBL. What do you guys think about the center stone?

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-colorless-diamond-101ct-j-vs2-cushion-cut-gia-strong-blue-fluorescence-r5231

paired with this setting in Platinum

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/colorless-diamond-ring-62ct-d-si1-cushion-cut-gia-split-shank-halo-ring-r5091

This one already has a .62 in it, but it will give you an idea going forward.

For those of you who have been commenting on my threads I was looking at the .74-.85 range. Let me know what you guys think and thank's for all your help

SB621

Ideal_Rock
In general it is always a bad idea to ask people what they think of a diamond or a setting that you have already bought or commited too. If you get honest, but negative opinions it takes some of the joy away from you. Just be happy with your purchase and post when the ring is complete.

Goodluck during your proposal!

Bauer600

Rough_Rock
SB621 - I'm okay with those comments, thats why they're always called opinions at the end of the day :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the stone very much and the setting is quite beautiful.. she will light up a room with that 'rock'.. My dream stone is an emerald cut, 3 carat with beautiful fire.. but alas, never gonna get it.. the Ascher is like an emerald to me in a way.. I work with a young woman who was just engaged with a beautiful 1 carat cushion, with a similar halo setting and she 'glows'.... I think the price is great but there are so many people here who could give a professional jeweler a run for their money.. again, best of luck and lovely future ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, I think it will be very pretty and give great finger coverage. Come back and post pics when its finished!!!!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I'm not the one to ask about the diamond, although it looks very pretty. Someone with more knowledge will have to weigh in on that. :loopy:

I've heard the quality of DBL's settings are great. If it were my ring, I'd like it to be a bit lower - closer to the finger. Otherwise, the split shank and the pave work look very nice. You should get nice finger coverage with your 1 ct stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results