shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston diamond setters/mounters?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nsparadox

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for a jeweler to set a diamond in the near future. I live in the Boston area. Any recommendations/referrals?

Thanks,
Jon

nsparadox

Rough_Rock
*BUMP*

Please let me know if you had *any* positive interactions with mounts performed in Boston. I am looking to get an engagement ring mounted fairly soon, but haven't been able to find too much information regarding a reliable jeweler. Your expert knowledge is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

mostlywatching

Rough_Rock
I got my ring custom made at Hefez and Sons jewelers in the Diamond Exchange Building in Downtown Crossing (The same building as DSW, not 333 Washington). I don't know what their policy is simply for setting stones, but the workmanship of my ring is gorgeous and my fiance and I found everyone there to be helpful and friendly. The man who made my ring is Joe Hefez, and it can be seen in SMTR (/www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-turn-t18328.html" target="new">)

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
My fiance had my ring made at Romm & Co. - he bought the diamonds and setting there...I'm not sure if they'll set a diamond bought elsewhere. They were wonderful though, and they're located in Brockton, which is about 30-45 mins South of Boston. Very knowledgeable, consumer-friendly, honest, etc. They're family-owned and have been around 100+ years. I went to an appraiser in Malden after we got the ring, and he said one of the best ways to tell if a jeweler is reputable is to see if they sell Rolex watches, because apparently there are VERY strict guidelines to be able to sell Rolex's, so maybe that'll help you find a jeweler if Romm is too far. Good luck!

bearman49

Rough_Rock
There's a jeweler in Boston who does great work, Mark Morrell, MWM jewelers. Not sure what his workload is but worth a shot.

the bearman

sfanta123155

Rough_Rock
I have used a company called Sarkasian jewelers in the Jewelers Building several times.
All the companies in that building use him to set their stones and other custom work. Ask for Shant. He is a really nice guy and will take excellant care of you. He should be able to do it really quick. I've even had him make a couple of custom settings in platinum and he does great work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results