shape
carat
color
clarity

BN ring not holding up :( Thoughts? Advice?

Gremlin2015

Rough_Rock
I have the petite cathedral pave e-ring from Blue Nile. By the time my FI proposed, it was past the 30 day return timeframe. I barely wear the ring anymore as it spins like crazy and just feels very flimsy. I have had it re-sized but it still has the same issues. It's driving me crazy, not to mention I feel horrible because I chose it! I've owned plenty of rings and none have been like this :( We aren't even married yet and I barely wear my e-ring anymore.

Has anyone here been able to exchange a setting with BN past the 30 day period? I have read a few posts from several people with the same problem, who had been able to trade their setting in for a new one. But, these posts are from a few years back and last I spoke with BN, they wouldn't budge and told me I would just have to purchase a new setting.

Does anyone here have any advice, suggestions, a similar experience? Anything constructive would be appreciated.

_26195.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gremlin2015|1421726080|3819191 said:
I have the petite cathedral pave e-ring from Blue Nile. By the time my FI proposed, it was past the 30 day return timeframe. I barely wear the ring anymore as it spins like crazy and just feels very flimsy. I have had it re-sized but it still has the same issues. It's driving me crazy, not to mention I feel horrible because I chose it! I've owned plenty of rings and none have been like this :( We aren't even married yet and I barely wear my e-ring anymore.

Has anyone here been able to exchange a setting with BN past the 30 day period? I have read a few posts from several people with the same problem, who had been able to trade their setting in for a new one. But, these posts are from a few years back and last I spoke with BN, they wouldn't budge and told me I would just have to purchase a new setting.

Does anyone here have any advice, suggestions, a similar experience? Anything constructive would be appreciated.

It sounds like a fit issue. You may need sizing beads, if your knuckle is much bigger than the circumference of where you wear your ring. Have you ever worn a skinny shank ring with a large stone attached that did not spin? Mine does spin at certain times of the day, when my fingers are cold. I just suck it up. I don't like sizing beads. And a skinny shank ring is going to feel light. Is it platinum or white gold?

Gremlin2015

Rough_Rock
I have had thin rings in the past that did not spin, though the most comparable would be a bezel setting with an appx 2.2 mm band. It was a non-issue, I wore it for years and never took the thing off. My finger size hasn't changed and I had this one sized to the same size. I'm wondering if, once I have the wedding band, soldering the two together might give it better integrity? I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky?

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This style of ring is top-heavy because of the main diamond, and therefore prone to spinning. Sizing beads would help.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
patricias|1421728164|3819208 said:
This style of ring is top-heavy because of the main diamond, and therefore prone to spinning. Sizing beads would help.
I am thinking this as well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think sizing beads could be the fix here too. Don't know BN's policy in terms of their settings; if the setting is not broken or structurally unsound they may not offer to do anything. However, it's always wise to ask - you never know what they might say. At any rate, you need to get this remedied so that you can wear your beautiful ring. It is such a waste to not be able to wear it!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others. Sizing beads may be all you need for this issue. I have sizing beads on one of my bands and they are super comfortable for me. They come in different sizes too. Good luck!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sizing beads... and stack that baby! :)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't look that top heavy. Maybe you need to just get used to it? You mentioned that you don't wear it much, so it would seem like haven't given yourself the chance to get used to it. I had issues with my halo reset spinning and I sized it down 1/4 of a size, which helped, but it still spins when my hands are cold (however, it's less of an issue because I'm rather used to it now). If you've already had it sized down, try the sizing beads.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn't look unsound from the photos, but it does look like it could be topheavy from the images. If the shank is thin and there is a stone on it (and if you have knuckles vs a smaller finger) you're going to have a spin issue. It's inevitable because there's not enough weight in the shank to hold it upright. And when it's cold out, it's only going to get worse, bec your fingers fluctuate in size multiple times a day anyway, but in the cold, they're even more shrunken. Sizing beads will help til you are wearing another ring with it, which will push it up slightly and make it less loose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results