shape
carat
color
clarity

Bluenile Nouveau == Tiffany Novo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cvanavi

Rough_Rock
I''ve fallen in love with the Tiffany Novo style. However, my fiance had purchased me a brilliant round (this was before I laid eyes on the Novo). We''re considering purchasing the Bluenile Nouveau setting but we''re not sure if it''s the same as the Tiffany Novo setting (ignoring center diamond) and was concerned whether it would look as stunning as the Tiffany version. My fiance purchased a 1.17 carat brilliant round, F color, Ideal VS1. Another alternative would be to have it custom made but with a 2 mm band instead of the 2.2 mm band. Would the 0.2 mm difference make a difference? Would it make the center stone pop? Also, is there a name for Tiffany''s band style? It''s not pave (bluenile says their Nouveau is pave). It''s not channel or shared-pronged either. What is it called? How would I refer to this style when communicating with a custom jeweler? Thanks for your advise!

newrocks

Rough_Rock
I''m in a similar situation. Did you end up getting the Nouveau from BN? If so, what do you think about it?

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
I looked at both styles of rings from Tiffany and Blue Nile and they do look quiet similar but something about the Novo makes it more attractive to me. They sure do look like pave but not quite the same. It reminds me about some of the antique rings I have seen.

Only issue with the thinner bands I had was the spinning. The diamond would never stay straight in the middle so thinner the band more chances of the spinning effect unless you go with those beads inside the shank to avoid the spinning. I don''t think 0.2mm will make a big difference.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Novo is pave, but it''s important to note that there are MANY types of pave! Honestly, if you want a replica the BN version is one of the closest looking I''ve seen. But nothing is ever the same as the original IMO. I personally prefer to either buy the original or buy something with many of the same elements but not a replica. If you look around there are a TON of rings with similar elements but aren''t a direct copy, that personally makes me happier, but to each their own of course!

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
The BN Nouveau and Tiff Novo settings look pretty much the same to me. I think the difference is in the quality of the rendered pictures. They will probably look very much the same. Also, it''s probably pretty easy to have it custom made. I also don''t think 0.2 mm will make a difference...it''s a miniscule amount.

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
The BN Nouveau and Tiff Novo settings look pretty much the same to me. I think the difference is in the quality of the rendered pictures. They will probably look very much the same. Also, it''s probably pretty easy to have it custom made. I also don''t think 0.2 mm will make a difference...it''s a miniscule amount.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 4:16:36 AM
Author:cvanavi
I''ve fallen in love with the Tiffany Novo style. However, my fiance had purchased me a brilliant round (this was before I laid eyes on the Novo). We''re considering purchasing the Bluenile Nouveau setting but we''re not sure if it''s the same as the Tiffany Novo setting (ignoring center diamond) and was concerned whether it would look as stunning as the Tiffany version. My fiance purchased a 1.17 carat brilliant round, F color, Ideal VS1. Another alternative would be to have it custom made but with a 2 mm band instead of the 2.2 mm band. Would the 0.2 mm difference make a difference? Would it make the center stone pop? Also, is there a name for Tiffany''s band style? It''s not pave (bluenile says their Nouveau is pave). It''s not channel or shared-pronged either. What is it called? How would I refer to this style when communicating with a custom jeweler? Thanks for your advise!
Its just prong set - always best to send pics to your vendor if you''re not sure of the terms.
I haven''t seen any BN settings in person, so couldn''t comment on the quality, but as a short answer no it won''t be the same as Tiff''s.
Will it be of equal quality? possibly..
Is there any way to ask BN if they will let you have the setting out on loan to see if you like it? I know some good vendors like Pearlmans do this with settings - of course you will need to pay them a refundable deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results