shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Platinum Setting with Prong-Set Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

v1023

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am just wondering if anyone has purchased an e-ring from Blue Nile and had the stone set in their platinum setting with prong set diamond accents (1/3 ctw)??? If so, how was the quality of the setting? Do you like it? What are your thoughts? opinions? I really like the setting and would like people who have this setting''s opinion.

Or please offer your opinion on this: My center stone will be at about 1.85 ct. Is this a good setting for this size diamond? I have posted a link to the setting. Thanks!

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=4903&catid=93&filter_id=0&nav1=settings_channel.asp&page=2&col=2&row=5&pos=14&set_shape=

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t imagine why it wouldn''t work for that size stone. But I guess it depends what shape your center is.

I personally preferthis to the one you posted. I feel the baguettes will offet the stone much better and make the size and shape stand out so much better, assuming you are going with a round.

v1023

Rough_Rock
Yes, my center stone is a round. Any comments on the width of the band that I have chosen? My girlfriend''s hand is small. She is a size 5.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I like the ring you chose... i think it'll compliment a 1.85ct round very well. Blue Nile's rings are nice. I had a diamond set in their plat. comfort fit band setting, and it was very sturdy.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I have a platinum Blue Nile e-ring... the one with .5 princess channel set diamonds. My ring is very nice. I have had it over a year now, I wear it every day, I clean it every day... and I have had no problems.

The one thing that I don''t like is that you can''t upgrade the center stone. You might want to think about that. Check out Whiteflash... they upgrade their diamonds. I love the Vatche settings... have you checked them out?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey - I don''t know if you have checked them out, but Signed Pieces will make a custom setting very similar to this one for less $, with more and nicer side stones, and customized for the number and size of diamonds you want. I ordered my setting from them and it should be arriving sometime early next week - ahead of schedule!

My setting from Signed Pieces has the following specs: 7 diamonds on each side, 0.025 ct each, F-G color (this is especially important if your center stone faces up white and/or you are color sensitive, like me), VVS-VS clarity, shared-prong, and I like the way the head is set into the band better than the one on Blue Nile but that''s a matter of personal taste. I also like that they will make teh head so you can set the diamond whatever height you want. Here is a link to the type of setting I will be getting, but without the eternity bands on either side, and with the diamonds only across the front part of the ring, shown with a 1 ct center stone, side stones 0.025 ct each:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=915

Also, here is a link to Demelza''s rings which were made by Signed Pieces, and are similar to what mine will be, but bigger over all - 0.05 ct each side stones, eternity style, with a 1.5 ct center stone, to give another idea of size:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-wedding-set-lots-of-pics.24544/

Anyway, hope that helps. Signed Pieces has been a pleasure to work with so far, and you will find only good things said about them on this forum if you do a search. Best of luck and congrats on your engagement!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried to put your stone next to the setting? I have 1.21ct w/ about .05 stones, 3 on each side of the diamond, and I love it. But last night I was out and tried on a 2 or 2.5 ct which was set in a heavier setting, and I like that for the bigger stone....Look at as many settings/sizes of settings as you can...you could then get one designed for you if you want...But I love the look of the one you showed (very similar to the one I have,,,,which I picked because it just LOOKED right with my stone!)

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
I also have size 5 hands. I am getting an RB stone which is smaller than yours (1.22 carats). However, I did try on rings that had stones of up to 2 carats.

I tried on a variety of settings. In my opinion, my hands and the diamond looked much better with a narrow band (2-2.5mm).
If your fiance likes a more substantial look, it will be fine to get over 2.5MM but, if she's looking for a more delicate look the narrow setting you have chosen will be great.

This is my advice given that I have a similar hand size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results