shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile or James Allen for Diamond Stud Earrings???

johnxyz

Rough_Rock
Hi, Which vendor would you choose to order diamond stud earrings for yourself? Looking for 0.75 TCW set in 18k white gold with GIA or AGS cert. stones. Any other vendor suggestions? Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it easiest to get good matched pairs at WhiteFlash. Are you looking for a pre-set pair or individual stones that can be upgraded? The upgrade policy would be an advantage of WF, if that was what you wanted. But they have nice quality pre-set ones, also.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the two I would choose James Allen. They can show you images of the stones and can look at them for you and tell you if they are eye clean.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cruised thru all of the above sites before deciding on Briangavindiamonds.com If you can speak with Lesley or Denise, they are amazing! I went for the signature cut stones in J colour, and I LOVE them!

Worth a browse...

johnxyz

Rough_Rock
As a follow-up, I'm replacing a single diamond stud earring that was lost. The diamond was 0.36 and a H&A cut GIA cert - I / SI1.

There is a H&A AGS at James Allen that is a True Hearts cut (equivalent to a H&A?) but has a pretty large inclusion.

Trying to pay $700 or less for the stone and mounting post.

Questions:

Could the inclusuion result in a crack?
Would the inclusion prevent the stone from being considered 'eye clean'.
Would you buy this diamond?

Total noob here - thanks a million for any advice. Leaning toward JA over BN. Someone mentioned BGD and WF. Others?

JA # 1383443

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1383443.asp

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an earring, no one will see it. And shouldn't be a durability issue.... but you could probably find a better SI2.

johnxyz

Rough_Rock
Thanks Julie - Not sure what diamond to select from JA at that $625-650 price range(w/. Pricescope discount)? Any recommendations for a better diamond from their listing would be appreciated. Should my number 1 priority be the Hearts & Arrows cut as the decision driver? Thanks again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results