shape
carat
color
clarity

Blatant Natural Blue Diamond Fraud on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This falls under the mental category of "Wow! How do people ever fall for this stuff..."

I was chatting with Marty Haske (known on PS as Adamas Gem Labs) and we got to talking about the neon blue irradiated diamonds and he asked whether I had ever looked for a "Natural blue diamond" on eBay and the answer was no. So he told me to:

1. Go to eBay
2. Go to the category Natural Diamonds (there is also a category for Natural Enhanced Diamonds)
3. Run a search for Natural Blue Diamonds

If you''re a consumer, you might not know that price per carat for a truly "natural" blue diamond is often in the realm of $100K per carat and with that in mind, look at the prices for the "natural blue diamonds" being offered on eBay.

As near as I can see, "most" (because I didn''t take the time to read all the details of every listing) of the "natural blue diamonds" being offered here are actually irradiated or treated in some other way to make the color of the diamond blue. The only portion of the equation that can be considered "natural" is perhaps the original diamond before it was treated. I suppose that these dealers are using the word "natural" in the same manner that food producers use the words "100% natural" on the front of a cereal box that has been made from food which in no way resembles the original natural food source that it is chemically derived from. How many of the people buying "natural blue diamonds" on the eBay read the fine print that discloses the enhancement? If it exists at all... Wow
38.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
shocking isn''t it?

You will find the same thing searching for pink or red.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/11/2009 2:12:47 PM
Author: strmrdr
shocking isn''t it?

You will find the same thing searching for pink or red.

It is truly tragic. I can''t imagine any of those vendors lasting a day here on PS.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
There will always be people willing to purchase dreck.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
On my local Craigslist jewelry listings, there''s a woman trying to sell a blue diamond and I always wondered why the stone looked so odd in the picture she posted with the listing...now I know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results