color
clarity

Bit stressed now, would appreciate some help

jsmith80

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone

I already bought it from blue nile and read a lot before too

Got a round 0.42 carat, signature ideal cut, vvs1, I, medium blue

Just received it and for my eyes it looks ok but seeing people complaining it's not ok to be blue makes me see it hazy i guess.

In ththe certificate everything was signature ideal (or excellent in the other one), only downsides blue flour and I clarity.

What do you think? Should be good right and I am seeing things...

Thanks a lot

Fantspants

Rough_Rock
Hey there, I have a 0.42 VVS1 J with very strong blue fluorescence and do not see any haziness in the slightest. The one time I've noticed it is when I went to laser tag and it was like a little blue glowing beacon :)

The people who are commenting, have they actually seen the stone?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you link us to the stone? Is the stone clean? Fingerprints, lotion, perfume, etc. could all make a diamond look hazy. It's very rare that a stone with MBF would have any negative effects, especially in a VVS1. Give it a good scrub then take another look.

The way to be absolutely sure for your own peace of mind would be to take it to an independent appraiser.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I try to buy only strong blue fluorescence, or very strong. To me it is so much prettier. The time o notice the difference is in direct sunlight where my mon fluorescent diamond looks dark and my diamond with strong blue is so pretty with a little blue to it. The possibility of a medium blue looking hazy would be pretty out there. The only thing I would have done differently is gone with a VS1 or VS2, but that's more personal. The most important thing to me is to make sure it's ideal cut and I always check all the numbers, but the experts here can help more on that!

jsmith80

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

thanks a lot for the quick replies. definitely I feel a lot better.

Will post a picture tomorrow of all the ratings.

She doesn't know I got it and for obv reasons I can't take it out now :)

It's rated excellent for everything plus is signature ideal cut (blue nile).

Thanks again and will upload a photo tomorrow.

Cheers

jsmith80

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

I am looking at the certificates now.

Measurements are:
4.84-4.85x2.98mm

Cut grade, polish and symmetry are all saying signature ideal.

Optical lights performance profiles are all excellent in the GCAL certificate (hearts and arrows, optical brilliance analysis, optical symmetry)

In the morning sun it looks good now from what I am seeing, guess a bit stressed until she will actually get to see it herself :))

Thanks a lot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results