shape
carat
color
clarity

Big eternity or 5 stone owners, do you still love your ring?

Big eternity or 5 stone owners, do you still love your ring?

• Love my big eternity

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Love my big 5 stone

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Have a big eternity, but wish I had gotten a 5 stone

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Have a big 5 stone, but wish I had gotten an eternity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Had a big eternity/5stone as part of my journey to an e-ring/wedding band combo I love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big eternity/5 stone is part of my collection but not my go-to

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Was wondering if big eternity or big 5 stone owners still love their rings? (Big? Big to you. Can be worn on its own.)

What type of ring do you have (Specification)? How long have you had it?

Thank you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Big eternity or 5 stone owners, do you still love your r

HI:

Yes, I love my eternity ring more than my ER. I'd be happy to sell my ER but I'd never part with my eternity ring. I have had my eternity ring for several years...can't recall exactly: it is a square cut emerald (asscher) it is 6.25 ctw.

cheers--Sharon

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a graduated 5 stone like about 1.8ct total. Center is .84/sides .32/ .15 (I think)
I've had it about half a year? Maybe more?
It's my engagement ring though the setting is similar to a regular 5 stone setting.

I love it. It's got so much finger coverage, presents, and sparkle or the price.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

Yes! I consider these staples and future heirlooms! They never let me down!
eta:
Just read the rest of the questions...I've had mine for 3 years. I don't wear then daily, but I rotate them with my other RHR's because they pack a punch and are so comfy. I find other style RHR's to be too uncomfortable for every day wear, so I opt for the 5 stone and 3/4 eternity more. I will say that I don't stack them with my e-ring, as they do overpower.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can think of a couple of people who have sold (or want to sell) large 5 stone rings.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sold my 5 stone ring and re-purposed my eternity band into a DBTY necklace instead. I just prefer the look of a solitaire or a 3 stone ring over the other styles.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

My 5-stone is 2.5 ctw and I just love it. Other pieces may come and go but this ring is a keeper.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock

I love my big eternity :love: . It started as a 4.5 ctw U-prong entenity - 25 pointers but the setting sat up too high and was a bit bulky. I had it reset to a shared prong basket style and it's so low and comfy! The jeweler had to remove 3 of the stones so now it's a 3.75 ctw but I'm so much happier with it. Over Christmas, hubby and I went to the Virgin Islands and I didn't want to bring my E-ring with me (too big/flashy for that area) but I did wear my eternity the whole time as my wedding ring and loved it! Sometime when I'm running errands and want some bling, I'll wear it instead of my e-ring. I'm thrilled with the reset :bigsmile:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

For myself, I love my eternity, & wear it as my ering/wedding band. I've had it for little over a year. I do miss my ering, and have decided to re-set my engagement stone into a 3 stone. When that is finished, I plan to wear my eternity as a RH ring. The eternity is a good size, & it would not look nice with the 3 stone. The eternity is from WF, with ACA's, @ .5 each.

_14206.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

sweet_blossom said:
Was wondering if big eternity or big 5 stone owners still love their rings? (Big? Big to you. Can be worn on its own.)

What type of ring do you have (Specification)? How long have you had it?

Thank you.

I have numerous eternities, but the only one that really feels like a stand-alone is my three carat french cut band. Since I love stacking, the others still get plenty of play ... but I think I'd probably draw the line at the three carat mark
for an "average" sized finger for a stand alone band (for me, anyway). What's the ratio between 3mm and a size six finger?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I initially read this thread and thought "oh how I wish I had a big five stone to report on!" and then I remembered that my five stone might qualify. They are .28cts AVCs. I adore it and I wish it was bigger. :naughty:

I am totally obsessed with graduated five stones with MRBs - Yssie's, Niel's, MTG's. I think they are beyond sexy.

ExpatBride

Rough_Rock

I have a 4 ct. round brilliant platinum eternity band that I bought for myself. I like it so much that I'm planning to use it as my wedding band. The trick is going to be finding a vintage e-ring that will play nice with it.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

Hello PSers, thank you for taking the time to respond. As you can guess, I’m trying to figure out my ring journey.

canuk-gal: Love love love your asscher eternity ring. I’m always drawn to other people’s stepcuts—so elegant and classic. DH loves your eternity. I contemplate selling or trading in my ER, but am afraid of missing it. So trying to figure things out.

Niel: your 5 stone and marquise are beautiful. Your marquise ring really made me fall in love with that shape.

braga123: thank you. Your re-set is really WOW!

diamondseeker2006: your solitaire and Tiffany wedding band are so classic and clean. So beautiful. Thank you for that info. I tried on a 5 stone recently and fell in love with the size and swoopiness of the setting. DH reminded me that I do have an antique 5 stone that is set high that was passed down to me. I used to wear it all the time on my non-wedding finger. When I pulled it out again to put it on my ring finger, it didn’t look right on my ring finger. The setting makes a difference but I wonder if I will fall out of love too as you mentioned of others.

mom2boys: your ring is perfection. love the DBTY.

Farleysmom: You have a fabulous collection.

asscher_girl: I’m glad to hear your 25 pointer re-set is low and comfy. Your upgrade ER is amazing.

sarahb: I really love your eternity band. I often wonder if getting the big eternity will be the “it” ring on my journey. I’ve tried on a large Memoire eternity in real life but the ring size was way too big so it is difficult to say how the ring in my size would wear on a daily basis. But the visual impact is fantastic. It’s a style I covet. It really looks terrific on you.

Cirque: thank you. And thanks for starting the Show me your BIG eternity thread. It made me start the ball rolling with the big eternity at the time but then I chickened out and got a re-set. I love that thread and go back to it many times. So here I am. I hope you have a terrific 35th.

Rosebloom: So glad you came by. Your AVCs make me really think. MRB, AVC, 5 stone, eternity, stay put?

ExpatBride: Hope you find the vintage e-ring of your dreams. How are you liking your LV Alma PM?

Thank you all. Your feedback makes me really think. I so love the look of the big eternity. I’ve now tried on a 5 stone in a different setting that has thrown me for a loop, but I’m really drawn to a bigger full eternity. Love the practicality of a 5 stone but love the look of the eternity. I used to be able to wear rings on both hands but now like just wearing on my left side—right side free to go into my purse. Wanting to pare things down. Writing a check for the insurance on the ER when it comes up makes me rethink ;( , but not sure if parting with it will be too difficult from a sentimental perspective.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my big ( > 2.5 ct) 5 stone and wear it on my left hand.

This year, I'm hoping to add a few more diamonds and turn it into a 3/4 or more band... just have to find the $$$ :sun:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I had a 5ct eternity that was super uncomfortable to wear. It was also a 1/4 size to big on me. I ended up having it reset by Jbeg into a more comfortable style. I have had it perhaps 6 months now and it is my RHR oh choice for the most part. Also when I don't feel like wearing my wedding set it is a great alternative, still blingy and classic but a bit more understated.

Now it is 4.31ctw as I removed 4 stones during the reset. Honestly if I had to liquidate all my jeweler this would be the next to last piece to go (only after my ering) that is how much I love it. I think eternitys are so classic and will never go out of style.

I personally have never cared for 5 stones. However, Armywife just got a 3.5ct plus super white 5 OEC stone in RG and PLAT that I'm pretty over the moon about from Jbeg. It does give me ideas if I ever go that route.

img_3405.jpg

img_3408.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Awww SB! You have an AMAZING collection, so you being over the moon with my 5 stone is quite a compliment!

Yes, about a month ago, I completed an OEC 5 stone project with the lovely ladies of jbeg. It is 3.62 ctw (5.5-5.6mm) j/k, vs stones. The setting is a trellis with a plat basket and 14k rg shank, size 8. While I know the ring is still relatively new to me, I am head over heals for it. It is very comfortable for everyday wear and VERY blingy. ;-)

I used to be all about big eternities, and I still wouldn't turn one down. But I am now seeing the appeal of a large 5 stone. With my 5 stone, I get finger to finger coverage across the top without the uncomfortableness of large stones inbetween the fingers or the worry of damaging the stones on the inside of the hand.

So, as of now, my vote would go for a 5 stone!

uploadfromtaptalk1390923425307.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1390923519118.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1390923538956.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

I am a bit different and I have a carre eternity (3.45ctw) next to my 1ct asscher solitaire that I wear all the time. It also sits on my right hand. Ring size is 7.75. I have worn the eternity on its own, but preferred as a set.
My left ring finger is slightly dislocated and the knuckle is super huge. So, I have a differnt ring on there.

Love the solitaire and eternity set as it is. I was originally looking at the asscher eternity but it competed with the solitaire so I went with the carre cuts instead.

_14215.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love eternity rings. 5 stone ones spin on me and I prefer an uninterrupted look. I started with 1.6ct and upgraded to 3ct which is my everyday ring. It's plat shared prong set low so very comfortable. It's also a good standalone size but I wouldn't call it big. My personal big but comfortable would be 4.5-5cts. Anything over that starts to dig into my other fingers.

renwea

Shiny_Rock

I love love my ruby eternity ring. Both these pieces I found in separate antique stores, but they match just great. I wear these more than any of my rings, they make my heart sing. :D

_14216.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB, that is one fantastic eternity! So unique. I really love it!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

Wow, thanks for sharing the pics. Your rings are so amazing.

ooo Shiney!: big and fab. Glad to hear how much you love it.

SB621: thanks for your thoughts on your original eternity and how you made it work with the reset. The new setting looks like it nicely protects the girdles.

Anne :) it’s nice to hear that you are not tired of the style and that such an impact piece can be great for everyday. Love the FedEx story and the surprise stones to make it yours.

armywife13: love the pics of your new ring. Thanks for posting and sharing that it is comfortable. It looks really amazing in the real life perspective thread too—it looks really blingy from a distance as well as in these close-up shots.

gregchang35: I really love how sophisticated your ring looks and that it can be worn all the time.

baby monster: thanks. Those are good points.

renwea: great finds! lovely

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

both rings are beautiful.. they are very very beautiful.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

I really love my BGD Aurora semi eternity. I would classify it as a larger eternity style ring. The ideal cut round brilliant stones used to make it are quite dazzling. I think that this style of ring is a wardrobe staple, classic, and will always have a home in my jewelry box. You won't regret purchasing a thick eternity or larger five stone!

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1403548682775.jpg[/attachment]

uploadfromtaptalk1403548682775.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

Claritek, thanks for sharing. Your BGD Aurora semi eternity is beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not the best picture but I still love my five stone two carat ring from Memoire. It is very comfortable and very blingy! I wear it as a RHR - I've had this now for several years and have never once thought of getting rid of it!

_375.png

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1403565814|3699520 said:
Not the best picture but I still love my five stone two carat ring from Memoire. It is very comfortable and very blingy! I wear it as a RHR - I've had this now for several years and have never once thought of getting rid of it!

MGR, have you been holding out on us?

Very pretty ring :love: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks CFlutist! No, I've had this ring for about 8 years now! I had originally gotten a band for my 25th anniversary, had problems with it, got a 1.50 ct. Memoire from Pearlman's and later traded it for a 2.00 ct. Turned out to be a combo gift for my 25th/30th anniversary!

It is very low profile and therefore very comfortable to wear. I've worn it every day since I've had it with no problems at all.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my eternity band. I never take it off. I think it is comfortable blingy and unique. I know that it has 4.5 carats of asschers and about another carat in the small rounds. I have never regretted it.

I had it originally in a u-prong and liked it and wore it for two year while looking to either upgrade to larger stones or bump up the bling another way with my little fingers I think my bumped up version works

Hope that helps
:bigsmile:

img_4920.jpg

img_4922.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

MissGotRocks, love your 2.0 ct Memoire :lickout:

lovemybling, definitely I love your bling. Those stepcuts are mesmerizing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results