shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD recut and martini pendant setting questions

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I am in contact with Lesley at BGD because I will be sending a diamond to them to see if it can be recut. I want to set the stone in a pendant and I'm liking the floating look of the 3 prong style. I am trying to decide between the Barbara martini and the regular fixed one. My concern with the fixed one is the diamond riding up my neck and that I'll constantly be centering it. Is this really a problem or no?

I'd also love to hear other people's experiences with diamond recuts! How long did the process take? Roughly how much weight/diameter did you lose? Has anyone had their diamonds "denied" from being a candidate, and what was the reason?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was 1 ct. and after recut .80, but it was kind of wonky cut in the beginning. It was sooo worth it! It took several weeks...maybe 6 or 8? I had mine set in the Barbara milgrain bezel.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS!

Does anyone else have any opinions or thoughts, especially if the fixed martini pendant slides up the neck or if it stays centered? Thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is just the 'regular' Barbara, not the newer martini style, and it does move, but its not a 'busy' necklace, if you KWIM. I think on necklaces with larger bales, where the chain can slide more freely, there is much more movement. I haven't worn anything else since getting this in June, but when I wore others, they were always in need of adjustment. With this, maybe its because my OEC isn't very large, but the chain is not as mobile in the back wires so I find it pretty much stays put.

Hope you get good news about the recut! (loved my chats with Lesley - she's a great lady!! )

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1348225684|3272113 said:
Mine is just the 'regular' Barbara, not the newer martini style, and it does move, but its not a 'busy' necklace, if you KWIM. I think on necklaces with larger bales, where the chain can slide more freely, there is much more movement. I haven't worn anything else since getting this in June, but when I wore others, they were always in need of adjustment. With this, maybe its because my OEC isn't very large, but the chain is not as mobile in the back wires so I find it pretty much stays put.

Hope you get good news about the recut! (loved my chats with Lesley - she's a great lady!! )

Thanks. I'm just afraid that with the fixed style the diamond will ride up the side of my neck and stay there until I readjust it. I do like with the Barbara I can switch out different style chains.

Do you have a thread with your Barbara? I'd love to see it! I also debated on doing a rose gold bezel with white gold chain.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1348229663|3272133 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-barbara-pendant-from-bgd-love-it.177300/

Maybe there is something helpful in here!

I really love this necklace, as I said, I haven't had it off since getting it in June (well, other than to clean...) and I also layer it with the DanielM DBTY in pear shaped sapphires.

Beautiful! :love:

I did notice that in the picture where it is layer with the other necklace, the Barbara is flipped forward. Does that happen often?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I had a fixed four-prong style, not the martini and it rode up on my neck a lot more than my bezel fixed pendant does. I don't have the four-prong anymore, but I do wear my fixed bezel and am adjusting it all day long. It's a 16" chain. I got a second fixed bezel with an 18" chain and it doesn't ride up at all. And, FWIW, I'm shorter at 5' 4" and find the 18" still looks better even with my petite build.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Orbaya, That was the day I got all my bling in Vegas! I was draped in everything! :bigsmile: and since then, I've added an extender from DanielM so I can properly layer the 2 necklaces.

It will flip but only for a moment. It rights itself easily and quickly. Movement will alter almost any necklace but it isn't something that I find it spends a lot of time 'upside down', so to speak.

I'm really happy with it and get a LOT of compliments on it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results