shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Princess Recut - From Ugly Duckling to Swan

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow oh wow! Any size that you may have lost in the recut (although I don't believe it was much in diameter) was more than made up for in the halo! It is a very unique ring with lots of detail. I knew you'd design it well and it flows with your RHR too.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us - it is just beautiful. I bet is sparkles like mad in real life - that recut was stunning and you've chosen a beautiful home for your new stone - enjoy every minute of it!!

Tell us how you decided on this design - or was it your husband at work again? It is very different - I could have never dreamed up something like that on my own but you have a knack for designing these rings. Love the side view too - gorgeous!!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Neat! Thank you for sharing everything...but wondering...when will you change your avatar?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
D&T said:
Suzy! this incredible. Please post over in the SMTB section!! I'm sure many have missed this thread-i love princess cuts! :love: :love:
I know I should, or maybe I'll just leave it hidden here? :naughty:
No, I'm just kidding!
Once I take some artsy pictures I'll start a thread in the SMTB, I just got it today, so I haven't had time to really spend taking any "fun" pictures. I'll do a photoshoot this weekend.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Anne :) said:
Oh My GOSH! Suzy, that is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful, unique and stylish ring. It's a work of art.
Thanks Anne.
It definitely has my "style" in it.
It's not to everyone's taste, I know.
But it's just perfect for me!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
Wow oh wow! Any size that you may have lost in the recut (although I don't believe it was much in diameter) was more than made up for in the halo! It is a very unique ring with lots of detail. I knew you'd design it well and it flows with your RHR too.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us - it is just beautiful. I bet is sparkles like mad in real life - that recut was stunning and you've chosen a beautiful home for your new stone - enjoy every minute of it!!

Tell us how you decided on this design - or was it your husband at work again? It is very different - I could have never dreamed up something like that on my own but you have a knack for designing these rings. Love the side view too - gorgeous!!
MGR:

I just could not keep a secret, I had to spill it!!

You know how I like wide bands, mixing yellow and white gold. I like to feel the heft and weight of a ring. So I took the elements I liked and mixed it with the popular halo style, but still wanted to keep something open and airy at the same time. I think we accomplished this in this design.

My husband and I looked at different rings and then photoshopped all the elements into a hybrid design and emailed it to Brian. It took us a very long time to come up with something we both liked. Brian took our concept and made it translate into real life wearability and ta da! Here it is. We did not design it from scratch, it's more of a "Franken-ring" made up of different things that we liked, then cut and pasted together.

It actually sparkles TOO much if that is possible. No, I guess that's not possible. :bigsmile: The recut makes the princess diamond hypnotic and alive with firey sparkles, add the BGD melee and it's a wall to wall sparklefest! But no worries, I'm sure I'll get used to it!

And yes, it goes great with my RHR, the complement each other beautifully.

Thank you for your kind words!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuzyQZ said:
MissGotRocks said:

MGR:

You know how I like wide bands, mixing yellow and white gold. I like to feel the heft and weight of a ring. So I took the elements I liked and mixed it with the popular halo style, but still wanted to keep something open and airy at the same time. I think we accomplished this in this design.

My husband and I looked at different rings and then photoshopped all the elements into a hybrid design and emailed it to Brian. It took us a very long time to come up with something we both liked. Brian took our concept and made it translate into real life wearability and ta da! Here it is. We did not design it from scratch, it's more of a "Franken-ring" made up of different things that we liked, then cut and pasted together.

It actually sparkles TOO much if that is possible. No, I guess that's not possible. :bigsmile: The recut makes the princess diamond hypnotic and alive with firey sparkles, add the BGD melee and it's a wall to wall sparklefest! But no worries, I'm sure I'll get used to it!

No wonder you had to share - it's just spectacular! I figured your husband was in on the planning as well. Hats off to you for being so sentimental about the original stone and working together to come up with something that you both liked. That's a wonderful story to go along with a very special ring. My wish for you is that it is blinding with sparkle! You'll get used to it but you'll probably never get over it - and that's a good thing my friend!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
reader said:
Neat! Thank you for sharing everything...but wondering...when will you change your avatar?
Hmmm. I hadn't thought about changing my Avatar, I've had the same one for so long, I'm kind of used to it.
But change is good, so maybe it's time for a new avatar too!
Thanks for the suggestion.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
SuzyQZ said:
MissGotRocks said:

MGR:

No wonder you had to share - it's just spectacular! I figured your husband was in on the planning as well. Hats off to you for being so sentimental about the original stone and working together to come up with something that you both liked. That's a wonderful story to go along with a very special ring. My wish for you is that it is blinding with sparkle! You'll get used to it but you'll probably never get over it - and that's a good thing my friend!
What a wonderful thing to say and what a wonderful wish.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Friends, indeed. ((hugs))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love that it is a substantial ring and still incorporates your original stone. Wow. That is quite a statement ring, and I bet it is really fun to wear. I'm so glad you shared it with us. :appl: :appl: :appl:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Totally amazing transformation! I love that you were able to keep your sentimental stone and have it made even more lovely. The setting is fabulous, too - I especially love the diamonds along the outside of the ring.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeysInk said:
Totally amazing transformation! I love that you were able to keep your sentimental stone and have it made even more lovely. The setting is fabulous, too - I especially love the diamonds along the outside of the ring.

Thanks to everyone who has read and posted on both of my threads!! :wavey:

Monkeyslink:
Those diamonds on the band are what I see the most, especially when I drive and type on my computer.
They are the sparkliest melee I have ever seen.
People ask if the upgraded cut melee like BGD signtaure are worth the higher price... I can answer that, absolutely yes!!!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Magnificent! Truly one of a kind.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Suzy I have been out of town and I just got a chance to read the updates to your thread. I am so thrilled for you and so glad that you decided to share your new treasure with us!!! I loved your old setting, but the new one is just breathtaking! I love all of the elements that you incorporated into the design and what a way to set off the beauty of your recut stone. It is truly gorgeous from every angle and it looks perfect on your hand. You have to be over the moon happy with the final result. Now I am off to check out the other thread on Show Me the Bling.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial said:
Suzy I have been out of town and I just got a chance to read the updates to your thread. I am so thrilled for you and so glad that you decided to share your new treasure with us!!! I loved your old setting, but the new one is just breathtaking! I love all of the elements that you incorporated into the design and what a way to set off the beauty of your recut stone. It is truly gorgeous from every angle and it looks perfect on your hand. You have to be over the moon happy with the final result. Now I am off to check out the other thread on Show Me the Bling.

Sundial:

As someone whose rings I've always admired, I really appreciate your positive comments. I've always thought that you have impeccable taste and beautiful jewelry!!!

To say my husband and I agonized over the different features of the ring is an understatement. I was soooo nervous taking ideas from several rings and incorporating them into one hybrid design. I was worried the result would be, well disastrous. And because of the time and money invested, I was on pins and needles. But in the end it all came together, Brian took our "pie in the sky" ideas and made them work IRL and we could not be happier!

Once I saw it and put it on my finger, there was just no way I wasn't going to share it with all of you! I just could not keep it to myself!!! Thanks again for your comments and appreciating the nuances of the design. It really means a lot to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results