Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1321063128|3060022 said:
PintoBean|1321060772|3060002 said:
Hi diamondseeker!

WIth your budget (up to $3k I believe), you could go custom with ERD. Also, as an added bonus, Chris used to work for Vatche, and if that's a look you like, he'd be a great person to work with.

Hmm, that is an idea I had not thought of, thanks! I'll go check out their site to see if they have made anything similar!

Oh, wow, just look at these!!!!

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/royal-t-collection-pclid-16.html

Holy crap!! LOOK AT THIS ONE! http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/productimages/medium/RT-101.jpg WOW. Makes me wish I'd bought an EC for my RHR.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1321064017|3060030 said:
Hi diamondseeker!

WIth your budget (up to $3k I believe), you could go custom with ERD. Also, as an added bonus, Chris used to work for Vatche, and if that's a look you like, he'd be a great person to work with.

Hmm, that is an idea I had not thought of, thanks! I'll go check out their site to see if they have made anything similar!

Holy crap!! LOOK AT THIS ONE! http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/productimages/medium/RT-101.jpg WOW. Makes me wish I'd bought an EC for my RHR.

YES...that one was MY favorite, too!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

erdRT-101.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous. It really is. The others were nice, but this one is just stunning!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is gorgeous, too.

RT-105.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Laila, I love the baguettes (or whatever they are) on the sides of the halo in this one as well as in the other ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi diamondseeker!

OMGOMGOMG!!! I love about four of them and they are just what I have been wanting! I just don't want beze set...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, Dreamer! I KNOW!!! I don't need to see another thing that I love! It makes me take a step backward into really not knowing what I want! Now I wish I had an EC to do that ring I posted! :lol: It's discouraging in a way, because you really can get something outstanding if you're willing to spend enough money. It just makes it hard if you want to spend a reasonable amount!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1321075403|3060133 said:
Laila619|1321074959|3060131 said:
Dreamer_D|1321072268|3060107 said:

That'd be killer with an OEC. :naughty:

I know! That holds me back from having a design similar to that made for my diamond because that setting just needs an OEC![/quote]

Keep checking the pre-loved boards. There might be some coming up. They seem to be hot now.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I voted Beverley K, but I don't think you could go wrong with either brand. I think the Bev K are going to give you the more vintage feel while the Grace is going to be a little less in that direction, so it all depends on what your end goal is. And I think a .8 stone will be perfect for a halo! I came across the Sylvie brand a couple of weeks ago and they seem to have some nice halo's at reasonable prices. I posted on RT asking if anyone had ever done business with them before but no one responded unfortunately, but they are found at some of the better jewelers in my Northeast area. Anyways, check out the romance collection. I actually found a nice halo for my princess there that I am keeping in my favorites! http://www.sylviecollection.com/collections/diamond-engagement-rings_2/romance-collection_8/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am in agreement, Gypsy. Those gorgeous deco settings need an old cut stone period. I was close to emailing Victor for a quote, but I think my best bet is to set this .80 into a nice quality halo like BK in 18k to spend the least amount of money. Since it won't be worn daily as an ering, it should last a very long time and still be fine as an heirloom. My recent little transitional is in 18k and it has made it almost 100 years! And I could get one of those fun little BK stacking bands to wear with it! I need to wait for either a spectacular deal like Kennedy got on a whole OEC ring or get a great OEC stone like you did and then have Victor make me a setting similar to the one Dreamer picked because I know I want one of his engraved bands. I'd still love an AVC in the Van C setting, but I have more dreams than money! :twirl:

I think I need to just have Bill P send me some BK settings and deal with this stone and then deal with Jon on what to do about my primary e-ring. My problem is that I still want a classic round solitaire to wear with the Legacy band, an AVC in Van C, and then an OEC or AVR for that deco halo!!! Yikes!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzyann...those are very pretty, too! Thanks! I haven't heard of that brand, but I am sure there are countless companies making these styles now and I am sure there are some very fine quality ones that we just aren't familiar with here. I really don't care a bit about paying for a particular brand name, but I have little access to seeing rings like BK in my area. So I depend on others here who have seen them to give recommendations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results