shape
carat
color
clarity

Best wedding band for my Emerald Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BestFriendBritt

Rough_Rock
What type of wedding band would you guys suggest for my ring? I want something that is understated and beautiful but that doesn''t take away from my lovely (2.52 ct
36.gif
) Emerald cut.

Thanks for your help!
9.gif

btring.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous
30.gif

What sort of band are you looking for?

I would do a plain band, or something with really thin understated baguettes perhaps, so there''s nothing to distract from that lovely EC, but that''s just my preference
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh!!!
30.gif

I agree with Yssie. Baguettes if you want some sparkle, to sorta match your side-stones, or just a plain band to keep your EC front and center.

BestFriendBritt

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I definitely want a platinum band, and I would like to keep it relatively simple. I was thinking about having maybe some very thin horizontal baguettes, but I''m not sure if that would add or take away from the engagement ring.

BestFriendBritt

Rough_Rock
Ooh I love how thin and beautiful that is! I think I might like it better if it was just the baguettes, but I have yet to find one that looks anything like what I am thinking.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is magnificent! Such a gorgeous emerald cut and a classic beauty.

Have you seen Single Stone's wedding bands? There are several posted on this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-wedding-band-for-my-singlestone-e-ring.129283/. There are photos on both pages of the thread. I have a wedding band from them that is made up of mini emerald cuts and it's pretty thin ~ 2mm thick. They also make bands with mini french cuts that give a little more interest than straight baguettes.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
An acquaintence of mine has almsot the same exact ring as yours (size of center stone and all!) and she has an eternity band of asschers. It is very substantial and now she generally wears her engagement ring on her right hand but I think you could easily get one with smaller asschers so that it would be worn next to your engagement ring and not take away from it. Facets sells some asscher eternity rings ready made I believe but I'm sure you could also get something custom made.

ETA:

Channel Set Asshers

Shared Prong Asschers Bands

Baguette Eternity Bands (with rounds)

Just Baguettes in Eternity Band

Basically, what I'm getting at is that I think if you get a thinner band with step cut stones it will compliment your ring very nicely! Have fun shopping!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I ditto the Singlestone suggestion. What about something like this (minus the millgrain, maybe)?

My other suggestion would be a thin (~2mm) platinum pave band, ideal cut melee.

singlestoneECband.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Do you like the band I am wearing with my emerald cut 3-stones?

I do.
3.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
What does that basket on your ring look like? Will you have a gap or no gap? I find that anything smaller than 4mm fits under my stone and really gets lost. So, right now I''m pairing it with a plain band. It''s so simple but it does get lost. I think if you have a gap, I''d go with one of the bands suggested above or I''d get a plain platinum spacer as well.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:33:35 PM
Author: EBree
I ditto the Singlestone suggestion. What about something like this (minus the millgrain, maybe)?

Ditto to this:) A pave band would probably look great with your e-ring- switches the sparkle up a bit and actually compliments eachother!!! I wear 2 pave bands with my EC and I think it looks great!!!!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my rings for reference: I stack a Tiffany Novo band (bottom one) with a Daniel K pave band on top.

ringspaveec.JPG

BestFriendBritt

Rough_Rock

Ebree - I love that but definitely minus the millgrain. Great ideas! Here''s another photo of the stone.

DSC04086bt.jpg

BestFriendBritt

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:17:43 PM
Author: Clairitek
An acquaintence of mine has almsot the same exact ring as yours (size of center stone and all!) and she has an eternity band of asschers. It is very substantial and now she generally wears her engagement ring on her right hand but I think you could easily get one with smaller asschers so that it would be worn next to your engagement ring and not take away from it. Facets sells some asscher eternity rings ready made I believe but I''m sure you could also get something custom made.

ETA:

Channel Set Asshers

Shared Prong Asschers Bands

Baguette Eternity Bands (with rounds)

Just Baguettes in Eternity Band

Basically, what I''m getting at is that I think if you get a thinner band with step cut stones it will compliment your ring very nicely! Have fun shopping!

Hmm I hadn''t thought of Asschers! That''s a really interesting idea. :) I think if I was able to get them really tiny then they would probably compliment the ring quite well.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I have two bands of french cut diamonds with my EC and it adds sparkle but the geometry is "right" as the stones are still square. I have an asscher/carre cut band as well but its too much step cut going on and doesnt really accent the engagement ring

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEST? for that gorgeous ring I would pair it with a plain plat band!!!!!!!!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ditto these suggestions.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 1:03:31 PM
Author: motownmama
BEST? for that gorgeous ring I would pair it with a plain plat band!!!!!!!!
Yes, a plain band sometimes is the best accompanyment!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Britt!!!

Bgray- we NEED pics of your w-set.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results