shape
carat
color
clarity

Best time of year to buy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Hi, this is my first time posting, but i''e been a long time lurker. My Husband and I are getting ready to start lookinging for a new diamond for me...sort of an upgrade on the e-ring, but I am still keeping my original. We are looking in the 1.5ct range. Is there one time of year that is better than another to purchase? My husband is an excavation contractor, and winters can be hard. We have all the money saved up, but are concidering waiting till spring, once winter is over,just to have an emergency cushion so to speak. Then I heard about about price hikes, ecspecially in the spring..that makes me think we should by now. Any advice or opinions?
Thanks!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I think you should buy when you have the money because you really can''t predict the market. Good luck.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, if you have the money i''d go ahead and buy. I would guess prices are only going to go higher. I have heard many stories where some have waited and then when they wen''t to purchase the size they wanted was out of their price range. I don''t recommend going into debt in order to save on the price hikes but if the money''s there i''d buy sooner than later, plus you''ll get to wear it sooner rather than later
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm...actually, depending on how much this purchase would cut into the cushion...i would wait. i''m sure not too many people in the family, including yourself, would feel good about seeing a big rock on your hand when it comes down to pb&j''s for dinner (yes..that may be extreme) because something unforseen happens. prices aren''t going to change that much over the next few months. of course no one knows your financial situation like you do, so you will have to ultimately decide what''s best. good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will say from personal experience that it can be harder to find a stone if you''ve got specific requirements around Christmastime and Valentine''s day....because lots of people are buying. Don''t let it stop you from looking, but don''t get frustrated if you can''t find what you want right away!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results