shape
carat
color
clarity

best pave diamonds?

radiantbuyer12

Rough_Rock
i'm doing a pave setting for my center stone. but really it's just 7 round stone's on each side. (sort of the "novo" look) and then the center stone which isn't a round. Is ERD ok to use for excellent pave work? or do i need to use someone with branded round cuts? like WF's "A cut above" or whatever What do you think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure ERD uses excellent cut melee. Just ask. No, you do not need branded stones for that purpose. I'd ask for Ex cut and VS clarity. Color depends on the center stone color.

radiantbuyer12

Rough_Rock
I guess since you said they need to be excellent cut...that would make them GIA graded. I get it now. :) Any other thoughts on this topic?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Not to speak for DS but I'm pretty sure she does not mean that they need to be graded. I believe the cost of grading each melee would be more than the stone itself. But with an established respected vendor like ERD, you can trust them to select excellent cut quality stones.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melee diamonds are not graded because that would make them much more expensive.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, stones that small are not graded individually. When the jeweler orders melee, they will order a parcel with so many stones and excellent cut, X color and clarity. Most nice halos have F-G color and VS clarity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results