shape
carat
color
clarity

Benefits of local appraiser when we have PS members that can do it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
What are the benefits of going local when I could send stone to say, Rich at sarasota?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done both. It''s nice to see it live, but Rich is very thorough and provides a great report. I think it''s about your comfort level of not seeing the stone yourself. I found that just looking at one stone by itself wasn''t that useful, so went with Rich the second time.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it is the comfort factor. However, now that I have worked with Rich, I wouldn''t hesitate to send it to him....actually, if I ever get another diamond, i''ll just send it to him and have the report sent to me.... Ya.. he''s that good!

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Yeah, it depends. If you live in a big city where you have access to an experienced appraiser that handles gemstones on a daily basis, then using the local is probably preferable. If you live in a small town where the appraiser does gems as more of a sideline in addition to artwork, furniture, etc., then using an out-of-town person is probably the better bet.

Using a local means not having to mail your gems. Service is usually quicker too. It''s a good idea to get acquainted with the appraiser. They''ll answer questions about your diamond and also allow you to view your diamond from a different, non-Pricescope, perspective. It never hurts to get an outsider''s opinion. It will help you decide for yourself what you want and why you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results