shape
carat
color
clarity

band for tiffany knife edge setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would a channel or bead set wedding band work with the Tiffany knife edge setting? Or would a more rounded band on the e-ring look better?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Probably the best thing to do is go to the jeweler and try on different options and find what looks best on you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Jelly! I don''t like a knife-edge w-band, though. I want a flat bead set or channel set w-band to go with the kinfe edge e-ring. I see the Tiffany site has their knife edge with a channel set and it looks good.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think the channel set band (like on the tiff website) would look great! I think a shared prong would look good too as long as you don''t have exposed girdles that could rub into the e-ring.
I agree you should just go try some on and see what jumps out at you. The beauty of the tiffany solitaire is that most everything looks nice with it. My absolute favorite is the matching knife edged plain band, though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the plain band is beautiful, too! I need a set of interchangeable rings! A RB for Monday, pear for Tues., asscher for Wed., etc. and they could be worn with a plain band, channel set, or shared prong. Sort of similar to a coordinating wardrobe, don''t you think?
9.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 1:39:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I agree that the plain band is beautiful, too! I need a set of interchangeable rings! A RB for Monday, pear for Tues., asscher for Wed., etc. and they could be worn with a plain band, channel set, or shared prong. Sort of similar to a coordinating wardrobe, don''t you think?
9.gif
I would wear round brilliants every day of the week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demelza has the SuperbCert tiffany setting and she has the matching band but also she found a Michael B lace ring worked well with her ring, a super thin one. Personally I don''t think that large domed or flat settings look as good with the knife edge, maybe a thin shared prong? But make sure that the girdles won''t eat your ring. Or a super thin domed band seems like it would work as well. Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes check out Demelza''s set, it''s gorgeous. I love her matching wedding band. I also think a thin shared prong eternity band would look great too. Check out www.signedpieces.com .

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the shared prongs, but I don''t see how the girdles can be kept from scratching the e-ring. I guess if I went with the Tiffany knife edge, I''d just have to get it and then go try on bands to see what would work. I am also considering a custom antique setting, but I am afraid to let anyone else set the diamond other than the place we buy it from.

Jelly, I''m really a RB girl at heart, too! Just kidding about the interchageable solitaires (I think), but I think more than one band is not too extravagant of an idea! The other shapes can be RHR''s!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2006 1:46:57 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yes check out Demelza''s set, it''s gorgeous. I love her matching wedding band. I also think a thin shared prong eternity band would look great too. Check out www.signedpieces.com .
I LOVE Demelza''s set! That is where I first fell in love with that setting! But I would probably get the WF version if it ends up I get a diamond there. At this moment, they have two new very good contenders. I have also had excellent contact with Wink, Jonathan (GOG), and Jim from JA and would like to buy from them all. But there is not a lot to choose from in the size range I have chosen.

I love all the bands on SP! Choosing one is the problem! Did you see on another thread that I saw a ring like yours at Tiffany''s yesterday, Lisa? It was SOOO beautiful!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 1:52:21 PM

I love the shared prongs, but I don't see how the girdles can be kept from scratching the e-ring.

It CAN be done... apparently, it just requires a little extra care on the part of the jeweler who crafts the ring. If there is no "overhang" of diamond beyond the metal, then the ring is perfectly safe and will not scratch any other ring.

I know for a fact that WF makes their shared-prong rings like this. I have a shared-prong set that I have worn for a few years now... and there has been no damage whatsoever. (Photo attached).

I think a shared-prong w-ring looks great with a knife-edge solitaire. Isn't it shown that way in a great photo on the T&Co website?

PS Definitely check our Demelza's threads over in SMTR... she has tried on several different options and posted a lot of great pics.

face2rings.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m presently having WF make me a shared prong wedding band somewhat similar to Lynn''s. There will be no overhang in WF''s shared prong settings, but that isn''t true of other manufacturers.

I vote for shared prong! I love that look and it would look fabulous with your knife edge solitaire!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 1:58:20 PM
Date: 1/28/2006 1:46:57 PM

Author: kaleigh

I LOVE Demelza''s set! That is where I first fell in love with that setting! But I would probably get the WF version if it ends up I get a diamond there. At this moment, they have two new very good contenders. I have also had excellent contact with Wink, Jonathan (GOG), and Jim from JA and would like to buy from them all. But there is not a lot to choose from in the size range I have chosen.

I love all the bands on SP! Choosing one is the problem! Did you see on another thread that I saw a ring like yours at Tiffany''s yesterday, Lisa? It was SOOO beautiful!

Awww, thanks! I am loving my setting, but I do have to say that I''ve not had the easiest time finding something to match. Of all the rings I''ve tried with it, I like the matching knife edge wedding band best which is a bit of a bummer since I wouldn''t mind a slightly "blingier" set. For some reason, the knife edge seems to limit the versatility of the solitaire. But I really do like a very matchy-matchy look. There are a lot of pics in this thread: /www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/scott-kay-pave-band-vs-plain-a-taste-test-t36063.html'' target="_blank">https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scott-kay-pave-band-vs-plain-a-taste-test.36063/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Demelza, I spent about an hour going through that whole thread and the one after it. But it was worth it because you already explored everything I needed to know! Thanks!

Does Tiffany make that same setting with a rounded band? I am just thinking it would be far easier to get a diamond band to go with it if it were not the knife edge. You can manage with the knife edge band because your diamond is huge! But mine will be between 1.3 and 1.5 more than likely, so I definitely want a diamond band.

This has become so complicated I hope I don''t just give up! Lol!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I adore the look of the knife edge, but yes, I think that is what is so "limiting" when trying to find a w-ring to go with the solitaire. I think you are wise to explore the non-knife edge styles, too.

It''s a KILLER look, though (the knife edge)... and I agree: Dem''s set is to die for. One of my all-time favorite PS stones, EVER!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results