shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to Daniel K, did i finally find my upgrade???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, for those of you who have followed my upgrade saga for the past few years know that back in 2005 I saw my first Daniel K cushion/ring at pearlmans. I fell in love right away but the pricetags of the DK''s were just too much so i tucked the ring into the *if we win the lotto* folder. What some of you may not know is a while ago I let the round I purchased go in hopes of finding a cushion because that''s what I truly had my heart set on. In the meantime, we''ve been saving and waiting until we could afford something I really wanted and would hopefully never want to upgrade. So, for some time i''ve just been in a holding pattern. Last week Bill P emailed me with some amazing news. He said he was getting in some Daniel K pieces and that I might be interested and they were all going to go to his closeout section so they will be priced accordly. So, I looked over the list and there was one that really stood out to me and was within my upgrade budget. I had originally fallen for the DK split crown setting but my hubby just doesn''t like it very much. the tiffany legacy is one of his favorites and DK makes a similar setting called the Empress. So, I asked Bill if he could send one that was of great interest to me. It''s a 1.67 G, SI cushion. what do you all think? is it time for mrss to finally commit to a ring and pull the trigger? lots of pics to follow
3.gif

DKupgrade1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is....................................................................................

PERFECTLY

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I couldn''t be happier for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
and {{{{hugs}}}}

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks DS
9.gif

pic 2..

dkupgrade22.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

dkupgrade33.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo, I hope this is your ring because it seems like you''ve waiting a long time and been without a ring on your finger, yet you''re always so chipper here supporting others. It''s YOUR TIME now missy! I say if you love it and it''s in your budget then go for it...I assume it''s in your possession, right? Seems to need sizing and you''re good to go! It looks very ''at home'' on your finger and I hope it''s found it''s home now...
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

dkupgrade44.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

dkupgrade55.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAH! Mrs Salvo...I think sometimes about you and wonder what''s going on behind the scenes hehehe....you are a sleeper!

Seriously, that thing is a knockout!! What do YOU think? It looks fabulous on your tiny little hand. I love the setting and the stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

dkupgrade66.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!!!!!! Looks perfect on your hand. I am so happy you finally found one that you love. I also love the design of the ring.
30.gif

Linda

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!

Mrssalvo ... I was thinking of you before I went to bed last night (how CRAZY is that!) I realized I'd ring shopped, gotten engaged, been engaged for a year, gotten married, celebrated my first anny and was coming up on my 1 1/2 year anny and you STILL HADN"T GOTTEN YOUR RING!
9.gif
I was thinking something must have happened -- maybe the budget changed, maybe your husband couldn't decide *either* ... I was afraid to ask but it was ON MY MIND just last night!!

And now this..... WOW WOW WOW WOW. That you could have a Daniel K cushion of your dreams SWOON!!!!!!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
H
23.gif
ly crap! Talk about coverage! Does it sing to you? If it does, by all means woman, keep it! If you ever wanted to upgrade that bugger you'd need to get bigger fingers!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

dkupgrade77.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 2:11:27 PM
Author: surfgirl
mrssalvo, I hope this is your ring because it seems like you''ve waiting a long time and been without a ring on your finger, yet you''re always so chipper here supporting others. It''s YOUR TIME now missy! I say if you love it and it''s in your budget then go for it...I assume it''s in your possession, right? Seems to need sizing and you''re good to go! It looks very ''at home'' on your finger and I hope it''s found it''s home now...
9.gif

hey surfgirl, i have been waiting FOREVER!!! life just sometimes happens ya know? I actually had never seen the empress in person and when I opened the box this moring I was just speechless. I have adored DK for a long time and just figured I''d never be able to get on anywhere close to my budget and now this!! the ring is here but will have to head back to pearlmans on monday and then off to DK for sizing, that or they will remake the setting depending if how much they feel comfortable sizing it down.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
YOWZA!! What a stunning ring, and it looks perfect on your finger. If it makes your heart sing, then it''s "the one."

Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She was just being very true to her tag line..not settling until she found what she really loved! The DK''s at full retail were too high, but waiting really paid off! They had a ring with the perfect size stone for her and in a gorgeous setting!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo that ring is BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif

Congrats!! You deserve it.
Wear it while you can until Monday!
face23.gif

CONGRATS!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 2:12:57 PM
Author: Mara
HAH! Mrs Salvo...I think sometimes about you and wonder what''s going on behind the scenes hehehe....you are a sleeper!

Seriously, that thing is a knockout!! What do YOU think? It looks fabulous on your tiny little hand. I love the setting and the stone.

haha mara...there was lots going on behind the scenes and my wheels were always turning
11.gif

I really do LOVE this ring. the cushion is just perfect and I was even pleasantly surprised when the ring came and I saw that it was prong set rather than bezel set. I really love the teeny, tiny prongs and the tiny airline. makes the stone still seem important the halo just adding a fancy dress or something. I have to say, i love it even more than the split crown which was the #1 ring on my list since I first saw it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I swear it looks like FOUR CARATS on your wee paw
23.gif
... can we put you in the Celeb Ring thread? You''d fit in!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s just utterly gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

ooooo--just the epitome of beauty. Definitely an upgrade to end all upgrades!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 2:13:40 PM
Author: decodelighted
OMG!!!!!!
Mrssalvo ... I was thinking of you before I went to bed last night (how CRAZY is that!) I realized I'd ring shopped, gotten engaged, been engaged for a year, gotten married, celebrated my first anny and was coming up on my 1 1/2 year anny and you STILL HADN'T GOTTEN YOUR RING!
9.gif
I was thinking something must have happened -- maybe the budget changed, maybe your husband couldn't decide *either* ... I was afraid to ask but it was ON MY MIND just last night!!
And now this..... WOW WOW WOW WOW. That you could have a Daniel K cushion of your dreams SWOON!!!!!!!!!

deco..that it just hysterical and so true
39.gif
it's been forever for sure, but it really was important to me to not settle and I didn't want to do a temp setting thing b/c I know i'd never have the guts to commit and change it. I honestly was saving for a cushion in a michael b which is
22.gif
too but figured i would really be most satified long term. But, a DK would trump anything out there for me and i never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be able to get one. so, seriously...in shock over here.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mrssalvo, I couldn''t be happier if it were mine!! It''s stunning and gorgeous and everything you deserve for having waited so long for your perfect setting!!
36.gif
35.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a massive stone! The setting is to die for!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I think this is a keeper!!!! I am sooo excited for you :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know that I am over the moon happy for you!!!! It''s absolutely stunning and looks amazing on your hand. Definitely worth the wait. It''s soooo perfect.
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mrssalvo, Please, please, PLEASE, pull the trigger! Don''t let that gorgeous beauty go. It is amazing and looks positively huge on your hand. Oh, and did I mention it looks perfect in every way and it''s a cushion?!!
30.gif
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t post often, but when I saw the pics I had to post, "YES GET THIS" love everything about this ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Brilyant

Shiny_Rock
Wow... that looks great and your journey/story makes it that much sweeter! Go get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results