shape
carat
color
clarity

Authentic and non-authentic Tiffany rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bingbing

Rough_Rock
Hi, I would like to know how to distinguish an authentic tiffany ring from a non-authentic one? Is it a must that it would have a pouch coming along? I saw some tiffiany rings being posted in internet which claimed to be authentic but the price is unreasonably low, though with care card, box, paperbag and ribbon.
Thanks!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that Tiffany rings are inscribed with information in the band of the ring. There was someone here in the past month who wanted to sell his Tiffany 1c ring, so maybe dig up that post in a search to see if you can contact him directly via email to find out what the ring said in the way of authentification on the band. Also, he had an appraisal from Tiffany and the letter of purchase as well, he posted images to these for whoever was interested in purchasing. Then obviously the box, ribbon, pouch etc (which are pretty easy to get ahold of BTW..I purchased a set of 10 different Tiffany boxes on eBay earlier this year to hold my jewelry in for around $10). So you might want to check into getting more info from someone who has a known real Tiff ring then see if the online people you are working with have the same info and if not, why, etc.

I would beware though, as they might have a ring that is Tiffany style, but if their prices are so low as you note, it most likely is not a real Tiffany ring as I don't think they discount their items in any way (kind of like Coach), it probably is a 'style' ring or a faked Tiffany ring, in which case the quality will most likely not be the best and/or there might be differentiators that will bother you later.

Good luck!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bingbing,

Mara is correct!

In an authentic tiffany setting
it should have their logo stamped inside
the shank.

A replica of a tiffany setting should not
have a tiffany stamp, otherwise it would
be illegal.

Buy Informed!

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results