shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Does GOG ever have these in smaller sizes? Like a thid to just under half carat?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That would be a dream! I would be first in line to get OEC milgrain bezel leverbacks, OEC milgrain bezel pendant, side stones for a colored stone three stone ring... the list would never end. Especially if they made melee size! I would have to get an eternity band, DBTY bracelet... wow.

Basically my savings would be drained, in a good way though
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With regards to August Vintage Cushions, our primary cutter avoids because they are not cost effective under 1/2ct. The time, labor and capital would demand prices that are notably higher than usual but I have had some cut for people who are long standing clients who are aware of this and also for personal use. Just to give you an idea I did recently have a pair of .4xct matching August vintage Cushions cut, white, clean diamonds and each one costs around $1500 per diamond retail. My primary cutter discourages me from cutting these sizes for this reason and I understand. If I can find a more cost effective way to do it, believe me I will.

With regards to August Vintage Rounds (OEC's) my primary cutter is focusing on .7xct and larger but have approachd and begun working with another awesome facility who focus on melee sizes and up to 1ct. The first pair of August Vintage OEC's .25ct each are due to arrive soon. I just have to approve the cutting and once I ensure they are cut to my exact specs will begin to stock as I need in those sizes. If I approve I should have stock in around a 2 month frame.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 2:43:14 PM
Author: Rhino
With regards to August Vintage Rounds (OEC's) my primary cutter is focusing on .7xct and larger but have approachd and begun working with another awesome facility who focus on melee sizes and up to 1ct. The first pair of August Vintage OEC's .25ct each are due to arrive soon. I just have to approve the cutting and once I ensure they are cut to my exact specs will begin to stock as I need in those sizes. If I approve I should have stock in around a 2 month frame.

That is exciting news... I have been dreaming of a 5 stone AVC (but that seems very cost prohibitive that this point), but a 5 stone AVR would also be stunning... looks like I may get to do that at some point in the future
9.gif
30.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
With regards to August Vintage Cushions, our primary cutter avoids because they are not cost effective under 1/2ct. The time, labor and capital would demand prices that are notably higher than usual but I have had some cut for people who are long standing clients who are aware of this and also for personal use. Just to give you an idea I did recently have a pair of .4xct matching August vintage Cushions cut, white, clean diamonds and each one costs around $1500 per diamond retail. My primary cutter discourages me from cutting these sizes for this reason and I understand. If I can find a more cost effective way to do it, believe me I will.

Darn! I was really hoping for a smaller one to use in a Legacy inspired setting.

They are so pretty!

What about regular cushion cuts - do you often find decent looking ones in this size range?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

4.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An AVC 5-stone.

Happy daydreams
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Jon - when are the AV OEC melees coming? I so want them for my setting.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 10:29:12 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Jon - when are the AV OEC melees coming? I so want them for my setting.
In melee sizes (1pt -10pt) I can''t see ever, just get single cuts.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 11:02:38 PM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

In melee sizes (1pt -10pt) I can''t see ever, just get single cuts.
CCL - you are no fun :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results